When you annotate an attribute with @Resource, it will be the container responsible of injecting the requested resource. The typical example is used with DataSource class. That's great and you can use it with JMS as well, but what's happening to NoSQL databases, would not it be perfect to do something similar for them? Read how to do it with Apache TomEE.
Over the past few years we've encountered many companies that have started out on the path of rolling their own logging solution. Rolling your own solution contains a number of hidden costs and time sucks. As these systems become more complex, more time is required by the engineers who built them in order to maintain and manage these. We’ve also noticed that, overtime, these systems start off...
Lucene 4.8 is moving to Java 7, which will force many downstream projects (projects that rely on Lucene, like Hibernate Search) to consider migrating to Java 7 themselves, in some cases updating from Java 5 or earlier. While it's probably unwise to consider jumping all the way to Java 8, it's worth considering under what conditions a Java 8 plunge would be ideal for upstream libraries.
In order to be successful at mobile app testing, testers need to be up to date with the latest in the mobile world. We have gathered four articles looking at what’s happening in the mobile application environment today and how to approach testing from a tester’s perspective: http://www.neotys.com/blog/how-to-approach-mobile-app-testing/
GlobalSign has offered to give a free wildcard SSL certificate for qualified open source projects, as a way of supporting open source and as a way to encourage adoption of industry best practices.
Java Platform, Standard Edition 8 (Java SE 8) is a major feature release and is now generally available. It contains new features and enhancements in many functional areas. Java SE 8 delivers enhanced developer productivity and significant application performance increases through reduced boilerplate code, improved collections and annotations, simpler parallel programming models and more...
If you're annoyed that GlassFish commercial support is going the way of the dodo, then check out how you can get started easily with the only other enterprise open-source app servers out there: JBoss and TomEE...
A couple of weeks ago I wrote about the new Shenandoah GC collector from Redhat’s Roman Kenneke and Christine Flood. I managed to grab a quick hour or two today to see if it would just run out of the box against PCGen – a large and complex Swing application...
NetBeans IDE 8.0 provides out-of-the-box code analyzers and editors for working with the latest Java 8 technologies--Java SE 8, Java SE Embedded 8, and Java ME Embedded 8.
You may have heard that MongoDB has issues with scaling out. Have you heard that MongoHQ has to scale up?
There are some companies who still haven’t considered load testing their website or mobile application. Maybe it’s because they don’t get a lot of traffic to their site or maybe their mobile app has just been released and only has a small number of users. If you have been getting by not load testing your website, you’ve been very lucky. But how long can that lucky streak really last? Read on...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Java platform: Invigorating robustness and simplicity (16 Feb 2015) Java platform architects reminisce about the design of Java and how the platform is being pushed...
- 5 ways to boost security and reduce mobile risks (09 Feb 2015) Mobile risks are a constant concern for businesses with employees who work on mobile devices. Here...
- Growing the demand for NoSQL technology, and non-relational solutions (30 Jan 2015) While relational databases have been the stalwart of enterprise computing, more and more...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.
- IT spending in 2015: Mobility projects and cloud (05 Feb 2015) Mobile application development and cloud-based services will be focus of IT spending in 2015,...
- Google's Solve for X Program nears this year's final round (23 Jan 2015) Interested in solving the worlds greatest problems? Well, Google is, and if you want Google to give...