The pressure is on! But you can’t complete of the tests you’d normally execute with the limited amount of time you have. So where do you focus? This is a classic question for performance engineers, so we thought we’d help with some key strategies you can use when you are under short time constraints.
Results from the Java Deathmatch – A puzzle minigame for developers
Java 8 came with a major addition to the JDK collection framework, namely the stream API. But the most important question for anyone using Java streams is: are they really faster?
Introducing "Reactive Revealed" - A Technical Webinar Series on Going Reactive for Architects and Developers
From Jonas Bonér, Viktor Klang and Konrad Malawski, co-authors of the Reactive Manifesto and contributors to the Reactive Streams initiative, Typesafe has set out to produce a three-part “Reactive Revealed” series to give an interactive opportunity for enterprise architects and software developers (we even have some goodness for Operations and Executives too) to get started with understanding...
Breakdown tutorial of setting up continuous testing using Jenkins
Of the many additions to Java 8 such as the Stream API and lambdas, I noticed one of the lesser talked about ones was CompletableFutures. So I decided to have a play around with them on the last Java component I wrote. My use case in a nutshell was piping large volumes of data from a distributed file system, compressing it and uploading to individual destinations on Amazon S3.
In this example we will see how we can connect the Gemfire using the Spring Data. Gemfire is a highly scalable, low-latency, in-memory data management platform which stores data in the key-value form.
JJWT is a self-contained Java library providing end-to-end JSON Web Tokens creation and verification. It aims to be the easiest library for creating and verifying JSON Web Tokens (JWTs) on the JVM.
A step by step tutorial showing you how to build your Java Applications with Apache Ant
Have you ever heard: 'We really like your product…except for a few minor details.'? And then the CIO rolls out a list of additional 'must have' requirements, hundreds of them, to add to your amazing product. Have you ever heard, or even said: 'Team, we are about to sign up a highly-profitable contract but…'? And then the customer’s wish list for additional functionality becomes a headache for...
A new major release candidate of the open source OACC Java Application Security Framework (OACC v2.0.0-rc.3) was published on July 14, 2015 and is available at oaccframework.org.
Regardless of what they are looking up, travelers’ first experience is on the go. Users are under pressure, trying to figure something out without wasting any precious time. They are distracted – navigating a busy ticket counter or conversing in a foreign language with a street vendor. The decisions they make at that moment really matter, and can mean the difference between a pleasant flight and...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...