When you are running long term applications like web applications, it is good to know some statistics about them, like number of requests served, request durations, or the number active requests. All this kind of instrumentalization can be achieved by using native JMX or using a modular project like Metrics.
There was no giant crystal ball at AnDevCon in San Francisco, but here are some of the best guesses and tips for the coming yearn and decade from of the top observers.
Looks at the benefits adaptive control valves offer over "fail-fast" circuit breakers in improving the resilience of software services.
QuickBuild 5.0 released with Amazon EC2 integration, build pipeline visualization, build agent storage and grid performance measurements trending and notification.
In this second part we look at the round trip (wall clock) time distribution for a request-response style message sequence exchange between two local Akka actors. In the course of the performance analysis we uncover an unexpected performance behavior.
Application programming interfaces, as we know them now, have been in some fashion or another for over thirty years; but they were only really successfully launched in their modern Web form by Salesforce. From there, commerce sites like Amazon and eBay took the lead in showing how web APIs can maximize profits and serve as the foundation of a whole business model.
Authentication against a REST Service with Spring Security.
In 2012, the engineering, consulting, and product experts at VMware released a myriad of Java-related content. This article shares the top 6 Java-related, vFabric blog posts of 2012 in terms of viewership.
As part of ZeroTurnaround's ongoing research efforts, this report redux covers the IDE section of the Developer Productivity Report 2012, providing updates on news, features and improvements in Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, NetBeans, MyEclipse, IBM RAD and Exo IDE.
Mobile applications and mobile websites have become a major channel for conducting business, improving employee efficiency, communicating, and reaching consumers. In Part I of this article we discussed the differences between testing traditional and mobile applications, specific challenges associated with mobile load testing, mobile testing basics and best practices for recording mobile load test...
Looks at the impact that supposedly "low overhead" call stack sampling has on the call latency distribution of a high frequency Java/JVM application.
Running a Java 1.4, Java 5 or Java 6 applications? Then there is a chance that you are living next to a classloader leak waiting to bite you.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- Is Lambda affecting your Java performance? (07 Nov 2013) Java champion Adam Bien discusses how Project Lambda is impacting Java performance.
- Proven strategies for avoiding mobile development pitfalls (21 Oct 2013) Many organizations are building their mobile platforms, but mistakes can be costly. Here are some...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Electric Cloud
- Do you need APIs if you've embraced SOA? (Apigee Europe LTD)
- Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013 (ComputerWeekly.com)
- Capgemini and Sogeti - World Quality Report 2013-2014 (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.