Man, monitoring web based applications and gathering metrics from single page interfaces (SPIs) developed in AngularJS and Ember can be a real pain. Well, it can be if you're using traditional monitoring software. If you are, SOASTA may have some answers to your problems.
From the performance achievements of the Redis NoSQL database to the simplification of persistence mapping from Java code to big data stores, the world of NoSQL and big data development is changing fast.
Typesafe Deputy CTO Viktor Klang goes into the world of microservices to see how these new system architectures emerge from the constraints of reality, and what we can do about it...
A Sneak Peek at Java 9 “Sleeper Feature” REPL and JShell
A tutorial showing you how to perform automated static analysis test using Jenkins and PMD
Codenvy certified On-Prem installs are now available on Microsoft Azure.
Back in March 2015, we created a survey about Java performance testing that would give us insights into how teams and organizations go about performance testing their applications. Now we analyze the data to find answers to the questions like: How do teams do their performance analysis and testing? How long does it take to verify that there are no performance regressions? Who monitors and...
Dean Wampler from Typesafe and Tathagata Das from Databricks present the data streaming landscape and Spark Streaming points in this 60-min webinar, complete with video and slides
While most programmers think checked exceptions in Java are a mistake, I'm of the opposite opinion — unchecked ones are a mistake
The pressure is on! But you can’t complete of the tests you’d normally execute with the limited amount of time you have. So where do you focus? This is a classic question for performance engineers, so we thought we’d help with some key strategies you can use when you are under short time constraints.
Results from the Java Deathmatch – A puzzle minigame for developers
Java 8 came with a major addition to the JDK collection framework, namely the stream API. But the most important question for anyone using Java streams is: are they really faster?
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...