What are the top libraries used by some of the most popular Scala projects on GitHub? Based on analyzing 64,562 dependencies
With ZK 8 you can stay true to your Java roots, but also effortlessly keep up with the ever-evolving world of front-end technologies.
An introduction to implementing a simple but very useful serach/filter operation on your Spring REST APIs using JPA Criteria.
Ugh. Your boss wants an estimate for a couple of new features that your client requested. Problem is, your last estimates were way too optimistic and far off the actual time needed. Talk about deadline pressure, eh? Here are 5 simple ways to not make those same estimation mistakes again.
Performance is critical to the success of your web and mobile apps – and will be for a long time in the future. It’s not a matter of if you have to do it. It’s about how to do it best.
Spring is the inversion of controller framework. Spring’s power comes in the way one can configure a bean and wire the dependencies. Camel route itself is a mix of various components, spring becomes a natural fit in Camel’s journey. In this article, we will see how spring supports camel using some examples.
Catching an exception must be your last resort; a properly designed application would catch exceptions in one place only.
Capturing the essence of an Akka User Group conversation, we reveal 6 questions that Enterprise Architects ask about using Akka in production for distributed, resilient Reactive systems...
Not a lot of developers use Semaphores. They can be used to conserve your system resources though. This post takes a look at the four ways they are useful and how they work.
How can you start using one of the coolest features of Java 9 starting today?
This 3-part series explores the definition and benefits of using log data streams and real-time analytics for some common IT Ops uses cases.
Technical Debt starts when building bad code or using frameworks in a non optimal way. Bad usage of the Atlassian CDSFramework, Hibernate and Proxied Microservices are three use cases I explain in this blog for you to avoid and lower your technical debt
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...