Learn how to use Java 8's lambda expressions in this quick getting started guide.
There’s a lot of discussion going on in the software community on “testing”. (See for example here, here and here). We think there’s too many superstitions and assumptions. Very little of this helps in your day-to-day work and leaves you still wondering how you reliably and automatically test, for example, that crazy sql query, your UI or that complex batch job.
Developing a web or mobile application takes a lot of effort, but all that effort can go down the drain quickly if you improperly load test the application or completely skip testing. Load testing applications is important and a necessary step in the pre-production stage. Read on to find out how to get started: http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-essential-tips-when-starting-load-testing/
Recently, Israeli-based Artifactory providers JFrog announced full support for on-premise and cloud-based npm repositories within their popular third-party library and binaries manager. With this latest update, Artifactory has become the first private npm registry and proxy for the extremely popular node.js framework. Boasting a hugely active user base, node.js has a vibrant ecosystem, which,...
Many people have the false impression that if you're going down a DevOps route, PaaS isn't the path you want to take. Cloudbees CEO, Sacha Labourey, explains why smart IT managers and directors aren't afraid to bring the two approaches together.
New JOSSO 2.4 unleashes an extended modeling notation for rolling out even more complex settings, improved interoperability with cloud services as well as with the latest technology stacks and applications.
Oracle announces plans to join forces with Imagination Technologies to bring Java to MIPS chip architecture and tune Java to work with PowerVR graphics
For the 5th time, ZeroTurnaround's tech detectives at RebelLabs revisit the tools & technologies landscape in Java, collecting data, crunching numbers and see what’s going on in 14 different tool segments and the market at large.
In this article we take alook at running JavaFX on a server.
Clojure is a Lisp for the JVM and due to being different is a great programming language to learn. To ease your learning process this article shows you how to design software in a functional language and how to start your next Clojure project using Leiningen.
MapDB allows you as the Java developer to do what you do every day: work with the familiar, natural and powerful Java Collections API – while surpassing the traditional limitations of Java Heap Memory and the expense of Garbage Collection with large data sets. I was able to get up and running with MapDB literally in a few minutes, and now I can create virtually any size collection (Map, Set,...
If you’ve ever done a lot of work with Regular Expressions, you’re probably familiar with the concept of catastrophic backtracking, which means that the engine is forced to calculate permutations of exponential proportions. This article demonstrates how to protect yourself from runaway regular expressions, and prevent a hidden denial of service attack that is exposed in the Java language itself.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Bridging the gap between WebRTC, VoIP and phones (22 Apr 2015) The WebRTC protocol has shown great promise for integrating telephony capabilities into modern...
- High-performance computing with cloud clusters (22 Apr 2015) An expert offers tips for using cloud clusters to roll out high-performance computing applications...
- Inside the portal arena with Liferay (31 Mar 2015) Learn about the front facing portal applications happening at Liferay in this interview with TSS...
- Virtual networking can improve DevOps software quality (31 Mar 2015) Increased use of advanced networking functionality and virtual networking could lead to improved...
- Migrating a website without the migraines (30 Mar 2015) Given all that's involved, migrating to a new website can be challenging. Here is a checklist to...
- Enterprise architects consider using cloud-based IDEs (31 Mar 2015) For many reasons, enterprise architects are now considering cloud-based IDEs as an alternative to a...
- Java 9 promises modularity and new value types (18 Mar 2015) Modularity and new value types could come with Java 9. This could mean improved startup performance...
- Discussing Aerospike at DeveloperWeek 2015 (17 Feb 2015) Aerospike's developer discusses how the NoSQL database recently moved its IP to open source at...
- Working with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015 (13 Feb 2015) Developer advocate Jenny Tong discusses coding troublemaking with Node.js at DeveloperWeek 2015.