Immutable objects are not the same as passive data structures without setters, despite a very common misbelief
In a traditional software engineering organization, the QA group is often seen as separate from the Development group, however, for folks outside the engineering team – say in Operations – they generally consider Development and QA to be in the same group. So what happens with QA in a DevOps organization? When Development and Operations merge together, where does that leave QA? This post will...
Regularly and systematically having your programmers' technical deliverables reviewed by an independent engineer will greatly improve your quality and team motivation.
Loading all data into a Hashtable instead of using proper SQL (24k Statements instead of one) and an overloaded web site (280 images on landing page) are the two top problems of November that we found in our Application Performance Clinic. Find the technical details and how you can do a quick sanity check on your application
A proposal for a different approach to application performance monitoring that is far more efficient, effective, extensible and eventual than traditional legacy approaches based on metrics and event logging.
Make sure that your website is up, serving customers, and meeting its performance expectations with user monitoring. In this post, we explore the five ways that Synthetic User Monitoring can make your website monitoring smarter.;http://www.neotys.com/blog/5-ways-synthetic-users-make-website-monitoring-smarter/
In this post, I’d like to examine code that implements a concurrent solution to the same problem and talk about what’s good about the given approach, what’s are some potential drawbacks, and what pitfalls may lay in wait for you.
With Java 8, a lot of new language improvements have been implemented for making life of developer easier. This post is not about learning these Java 8 features but how to apply them in Arquillian framework.
Explore the intellij IDEA source code
A website crash doesn’t just hurt your revenues; it hurts your brand. A small but elite list of brands, like HP and Best Buy, have struggled to keep up with the masses of frenzied online shoppers this Black Friday. As "Super Saturday" approaches, make sure your application is well prepared to support periods of high user demand – or you may have to contend with an unruly digital...
Introduction to Spring Data JPA with Spring 4 - the Spring config, the DAO, manual and generated queries and transaction management.
In the latest in Jigsaw puzzling news, we’re pleased to report that the initial change-set for JEP 220: “Modular Run-Time Images” was pushed through yesterday. As part of the steady granularisation of Java to improve performance, security, and maintainability, this JEP’s overriding purpose is slated as the remodelling of the JDK and JRE run-time images to accommodate modules.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Boost runtime performance with NoSQL (23 Jul 2015) IT pros are turning to NoSQL to enhance runtime performance and fulfill non-functional requirements.
- IoT device startup creates customizable sensors (20 Jul 2015) Learn how Notion, an Internet of Things startup, built a sophisticated tier of server applications...
- Addressing the SPI performance issues you don't realize you already have (09 Jul 2015) New frameworks like Angular and Ember make creating applications with a single-page-interface (SPI)...
- How to create secure and bug free software using customer-driven development (07 Jul 2015) When using the Agile method, development is largely customer-driven. How do you ensure the success...
- Docker containers are growing up and embracing open standards (06 Jul 2015) In this new world where containers are challenging virtualized environments, Docker has had to grow...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...