Azul Systems CEO Scott Sellers explains why they think their new tool is a worthy match for Oracle offerings.
One of the great features that Asciidoctor offers us as a writers of manuals, tutorials and documentation in general is that allows us to follow the DRY pattern. If for example you are writing a tutorial, probably you will have one part of the tutorial which will be the documentation, and another part which will be source code with examples. Asciidoctor allows us to write the documentation and...
What if virtual machines could dream and relive past experiences as a means to train their own internal adaptive mechanisms or to allow software performance engineers to observe and understand dynamic behavior as it would appear in reality?
Building your RESTful Java web apps with templates simplifies your code and allows it to be re-themed without code change. This example creates an app using Twitter's Bootstrap front-end framework for it’s theme.
A small security fix in Java update 51,released last week, appears to be incompatible with the popular Google Guava library.
Lambda expressions have taken the programming world by storm in the last few years. What’s interesting about Lambda expressions is that from the JVM’s perspective they’re completely invisible
If you had to choose a new build tool for your next project—or for your existing infrastructure, how would you go about choosing one? There aren’t many options after all—Maven, Ant (+ Ivy) and Gradle take up the large majority of the Java build tool space.
The Agile Manifesto turns 13 years old next month and while that might be early adolescence in human years, it’s downright ancient as far as trends in IT are concerned. However, one area that has yet to fully mature is the implementation of non-functional testing practices in a Continuous Testing sort of way that can keep pace with more Agile development teams. Load and performance testing...
When it comes to compliance, sometimes you need to hang on to your logs much longer than you'd usually keep them for performance analysis, searching or monitoring. Or, sometimes, you want to be able to go back and analyze old logs. Find out how you can automatically archive your logs securely to Amazon's S3: https://blog.logentries.com/2014/01/amazon-s3-archiving-you-asked-we-delivered/
Version 4.0 of JArchitect by CoderGears, a tool used to manage Java code bases and application development, is now available.
Over 9 months ago, RebelLabs published a "DevOps Productivity Report", which compared processes, tools and practices between teams that identify themselves as either traditional IT Ops style or DevOps-oriented. Too bad the results seem to have no effect.
Out of the box code analyzers and editors for new Java 8 technologies, Maven, Java EE (especially PrimeFaces), HTML5 (especially AngularJS), and much more.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Addressing security concerns and evolving beyond Spring with Java EE 8 (05 Nov 2014) The Spring framework created a situation where the Java EE platform had plenty of catching up to...
- JSF best practices for optimizing mobile application performance (04 Nov 2014) More and more applications are being built using the JSF frameworks, but traditional development...
- Incorporating Google Maps to the Java desktop (28 Oct 2014) Rob Terpilowski discusses how he and his architect team brought Google Maps to the Java desktop in...
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) In this video, Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...
- Video: NetScout discusses new UPM platform (10 Nov 2014) At JavaOne 2014, NetScout VP and architect discuss Unified Performance Management platform in this...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.