An increasing confusion about the future of Java and SQL raises the more and more pressing question: what will come after ORM?
NetBeans IDE 7.4 comes with a bunch of great new features, but which are the coolest and most helpful? NetBeans community members share their favorites features. What are yours?
Some limitations of MongoDB that can scare those who are beginning to adopt it.
Sonar is an open source platform for code quality management. It covers different aspects of code quality management like code duplication, complexity, coverage by unit tests, architecture & design, rule based defect identification etc. This post will help you to get started with Sonar in few minutes.
Complete visual tutorial on deploying an Oracle ADF application onto Amazon EC2.
Some reasons why you should pay more attention to Groovy as a great programming language for the JVM ecosystem.
JdonFramework is a java reactive framework that you can use to build your Domain Driven Design + CQRS + EventSourcing applications with asynchronous concurrency and higher throughput.
Large portion of shortened links are used just to disguise spam or bad-sites containing malware, spyware, XSS attacks etc. So for safe browsing, sometimes revealing the destination of shortened link is necessary too. Here, we'll discuss one programmatic approach (using java.net.HttpURLConnection) to expand shortened links.
Looks at how application mirroring and simulation can mitigate a major pitfall in the outsourcing of applications and systems management.
Hadoop Eclipse plug-in (installed in Eclipse IDE or Spring Tool Suite) eases the experience of Map/Reduce on Hadoop. Hadoop distribution does not include Hadoop Eclipse plug-in jar, but includes source code of that plug-in. In this post, we'll see all the steps to build Hadoop eclipse plug-in from source code and install that plug-in in Eclipse / Spring Tool Suite to access Hadoop Environment...
NetBeans IDE 7.4 lets you work with JDK 8 previews, integrate HTML5 into Java EE applications, develop mobile applications with Apache Cordova, and deploy to mobile devices!
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.