One of the great features that Asciidoctor offers us as a writers of manuals, tutorials and documentation in general is that allows us to follow the DRY pattern. If for example you are writing a tutorial, probably you will have one part of the tutorial which will be the documentation, and another part which will be source code with examples. Asciidoctor allows us to write the documentation and...
What if virtual machines could dream and relive past experiences as a means to train their own internal adaptive mechanisms or to allow software performance engineers to observe and understand dynamic behavior as it would appear in reality?
Building your RESTful Java web apps with templates simplifies your code and allows it to be re-themed without code change. This example creates an app using Twitter's Bootstrap front-end framework for it’s theme.
A small security fix in Java update 51,released last week, appears to be incompatible with the popular Google Guava library.
Lambda expressions have taken the programming world by storm in the last few years. What’s interesting about Lambda expressions is that from the JVM’s perspective they’re completely invisible
If you had to choose a new build tool for your next project—or for your existing infrastructure, how would you go about choosing one? There aren’t many options after all—Maven, Ant (+ Ivy) and Gradle take up the large majority of the Java build tool space.
The Agile Manifesto turns 13 years old next month and while that might be early adolescence in human years, it’s downright ancient as far as trends in IT are concerned. However, one area that has yet to fully mature is the implementation of non-functional testing practices in a Continuous Testing sort of way that can keep pace with more Agile development teams. Load and performance testing...
When it comes to compliance, sometimes you need to hang on to your logs much longer than you'd usually keep them for performance analysis, searching or monitoring. Or, sometimes, you want to be able to go back and analyze old logs. Find out how you can automatically archive your logs securely to Amazon's S3: https://blog.logentries.com/2014/01/amazon-s3-archiving-you-asked-we-delivered/
Version 4.0 of JArchitect by CoderGears, a tool used to manage Java code bases and application development, is now available.
Over 9 months ago, RebelLabs published a "DevOps Productivity Report", which compared processes, tools and practices between teams that identify themselves as either traditional IT Ops style or DevOps-oriented. Too bad the results seem to have no effect.
Out of the box code analyzers and editors for new Java 8 technologies, Maven, Java EE (especially PrimeFaces), HTML5 (especially AngularJS), and much more.
If you're still using Java Sever Pages, maybe it's time to switch to a templating engine. Here are several reasons to use FreeMarker on your next project.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Behavior-driven development: Five tips for keeping BDD projects on track (09 Dec 2014) Many organizations are approaching software design in a new way, with one of the most popular being...
- Going beyond big data processing to achieve big data understanding (04 Dec 2014) Big data solutions have given enterprises the power to handle, manage and process massive amounts...
- From web development to delivery: Deep front end knowledge is a must for 2015 (02 Dec 2014) Web based deliver will be taken to new levels in 2015, as the technology used to deliver content...
- Reflecting on Liferay Portal: From big data to secure mobile delivery (02 Dec 2014) The portal has evolved in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the manner in which it can...
- Seven ways to optimize mobile apps for improved performance (26 Nov 2014) While many organizations have been developing mobile apps for years, making sure those apps are...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...