Use this blog as a Guide to know which dashboards you need and which metrics to watch in order to make it through the holiday shopping season. The blog shows the best practices captured from eCommerce websites worldwide and how they use these dashboards to identify upcoming issues and how they measure success. Especially interesting this year is monitoring users on mobile devices as it is...
The Ujorm is an open source Java small library which provides non-traditional objects based on the key-value architecture to open up new exciting opportunities for writing efficient code
Have you ever wondered how a machine learning could be be beneficial for your application? In this case study we demonstrate how our last release improves our internal machine learning algorithms by crowdsourcing expert opinions.
There is no debating the fact that the Java language requires an update in order to keep up with all of the innovative advances various languages like Scala, Clojure and Groovy have brought to the JVM. Let's hope the changes being made to core language constructs to accommodate Lambda don't have unintended consequences that make the community look back and regret the changes Java 8 has made.
There was a simple demo and some additional talk about it at JavaOne 2012, but Google hits on the topic have been pretty nascent, and nobody in any of the Java IRC groups knew much about it. There was a nagging feeling that this very promising project was going to run out of steam, especially with so much effort at Oracle being expended on cloud computing, Project Lambda and the release of Java...
After more than three years of development, Ceylon is now feature-complete.
Explore the advantages of Real User Monitoring (RUM) vs. Synthetic Transaction Monitoring, and how the combination can be better than either alone.
It's too early to start talking about Java 9, you say? The sentiment is understandable, after all, the developer's preview of Java 8 still has a long way to go before it's certified for production. But having said that, the Java 8 feature list isn't changing, so if you want to start the debate about which completely new features should be added to the Java platform, what you're really talking...
Really? Do you really want to get up early, fight for a spot in the grand ballroom to hear executives deliver their PR massaged messages? Sleep in, skip the keynotes, and keep enough gas in the tank for the parties in the evening.
This year at JavaOne 2013 in San Francisco, an Internet of Things (IoT) demonstration promises to prove the value of machine-to-machine communication in daily life.
RebelLabs' Developer Productivity Report 2013 shows statistical evidence that the methods we practice and the tools we use in teams have significant effects on our ability to deliver quality software on time. See 23 beautifully-designed graphs based on 1006 software engineer responses.
A survey by the London Java User Group was sent out globally to get feedback from Java developers on what they wanted to see next from Java, Java EE and the standards body (JCP).
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.