Large portion of shortened links are used just to disguise spam or bad-sites containing malware, spyware, XSS attacks etc. So for safe browsing, sometimes revealing the destination of shortened link is necessary too. Here, we'll discuss one programmatic approach (using java.net.HttpURLConnection) to expand shortened links.
Looks at how application mirroring and simulation can mitigate a major pitfall in the outsourcing of applications and systems management.
Hadoop Eclipse plug-in (installed in Eclipse IDE or Spring Tool Suite) eases the experience of Map/Reduce on Hadoop. Hadoop distribution does not include Hadoop Eclipse plug-in jar, but includes source code of that plug-in. In this post, we'll see all the steps to build Hadoop eclipse plug-in from source code and install that plug-in in Eclipse / Spring Tool Suite to access Hadoop Environment...
NetBeans IDE 7.4 lets you work with JDK 8 previews, integrate HTML5 into Java EE applications, develop mobile applications with Apache Cordova, and deploy to mobile devices!
80% of the problems that result in a war room are caused by about 20% of problem patterns - most of them related with performance or architectural issues of the application, deployment or infrastructure. In this blog we discuss the best practices from companies that changed their culture by adopting continuous delivery and DevOps ideas with a special focus on performance. Connecting the Teams,...
Is your Java Virtual Machine running un-monitored? If so, how do you find out if it's gone down? From the helpdesk perhaps? That's certainly no way to administer a server.
X-Trace is a diagnostic tool designed to provide app and network operators with better visibility. Learn how it works and about some existing implementations.
I'm pleased to announce a new podcast on JSFCentral.com. In this interview, I talk with JSF Spec Lead Ed Burns about JSF 2.2 and Java EE 7.
The ABOUT tool and ABOUT files provide a simple way to document the provenance (origin and license) and other important or interesting information about third-party software components that you use in your project.
To runs a system that turns people's homes and apartments into hotel rooms, Onefinestay CTO Jackson Hull and team went with a graph database called Neo4J to better map its inventory for guests. "J" stands for Java, but the team relied largely on Python.
People love Eclipse, or love to hate it, or, as non-geek coders, feel more or less indifferent about their IDE. However one thing is true--the majority of Java and Java EE developers use Eclipse. This RebelLabs report starts shallow and goes deep into orbit around the ecosystem of Eclipse, showing you the best things that Eclipse has to offer, and letting you know how to turn off some of those...
An article that draws parallels between the Theory of Mind (ToM) and Software Execution Simulation and Signaling.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Expert insights on the challenges of mobile DevOps and cloud based testing (25 Aug 2014) The big vendors in the mobile DevOps space have been slow to move, which has allowed a number of...
- How a growing demand for data tier scalability spawned the NoSQL movement (25 Aug 2014) There was a time when even the suggestion of storing an organization's data in anything but a...
- HTML5 now rules the desktop, but shortcomings make it a hard sell for mobile (18 Aug 2014) HTML5 is changing the game for both mobile and desktop developers, but that doesn't mean HTML5 is a...
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.