The gambling industry has arguably been one of the most comprehensively affected by the internet revolution, and if an organization such as William Hill, the UK's largest online gaming provider, hadn't adapted successfully it would have disappeared.
Where is the mobile and wireless computing industry going in 2015? Who better to chat with than Gartner's Van L. Baker?
Do you hear people talking about 'enclosure diagrams' and you're not sure what they're talking about? Here's a quick definition for you.
Akka Team Lead and co-author of the Reactive Manifesto, Dr. Roland Kuhn presents in this 1-hour webinar an overview of Reactive Streams 1.0.0 and why you might want to know what's going on. Full video and slides provided.
Wondering what containerization is? Here's a simple definition for you.
In this post we explore why developing on localhost is killing software development through inefficiencies.
Looking for a definition for 'small multiples?' They're also known as 'trellis charts' or 'lattice charts.' Here's a fairly concise and to the point definition here for those who are looking.
Logging on Docker has steadily evolved with each Docker release and there are some exciting new updates that have come with Docker 1.7 – for example, Docker 1.7 now includes new driver support for for Journald along with the driver support added with Docker 1.6 for JSON and syslog! We are here on the ground at DockerCon as part of the Innovators Showcase of Docker ecosystem partners, and have...
Wondering what we mean when we talk about 'embedded BI?' Here's a quick definition for you.
A bug fix is supposed to improve the quality of the software, but very often the effect of it is actually negative; here is why and how to avoid that.
Hear people talking about an HSM, and you're wondering what they're talking about? Here's a quick definition of a HSM, or Hardware Security Module, that will help you quickly understand the key points.
If you want to make sure your test results mean something, it’s important to deliver them in a way that makes them accessible by each department. Spend some time thinking about what your data means for other departments, and organize it accordingly. In this post, we will explore how the performance data and results that you obtain when conducting load tests should be framed and distributed to...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Modularity thrives when microservices and SOA comes together (24 Mar 2016) Many organizations think they need to make a choice between service oriented architectures and...
- Automated acceptance testing pitfalls to avoid (18 Mar 2016) How can organizations get the most out of their software testing with the least amount of effort?...
- Reactive programming is all the rage at Fluent 2016 (22 Mar 2016) Find out why Microsoft's Matthew Podwysocki said he believes good reactive programming means...
- The key to mobile UI development is planning (29 Feb 2016) There is no such thing as over-planning when prepping for each stage of the mobile UI development....
- Make SCM tool Git the easiest part in a DevOps transition (21 Mar 2016) One of the first changes made by organizations engaging in a DevOps transition is using Git. Here...
- CloudBees answers the call with a Jenkins private SaaS edition (21 Mar 2016) CloudBees has made a name for itself by providing cloud-based approaches to Jenkins users, but its...
- JVM language Kotlin simplifies Android app development (15 Mar 2016) JetBrains, a company known for its popular IntilliJ and RubyMine IDEs, has released Kotlin, a new...
- Combine continuous integration software with GIT (29 Feb 2016) As microservices abound, organizations are finding that integrating Jenkins CI with source code...
- Are reactive systems the future of software architecture? (26 Feb 2016) Building with microservices and asynchronous messages is a start, but according to Typesafe's...
- Solving the problem of scaling Agile across the enterprise (26 Feb 2016) Small to medium-sized development teams have had success using Agile methods. Here's how...