Mocking frameworks is not a good practice and should be your last resort; instead, create and ship fake classes together with your code
null. It’s one of the first things you learn in Java; if not because your teacher or tutorial is outright telling you all about it, you’ll be confronted with a NullPointerException. Let’s revisit the topic. I’ll show you a few tricks to sidestep the need to deal with null, or null lookalikes, entirely.
What are some of the best integrations available to optimize your JIRA workflow?
In this aticle we take you through Java testing using FindBugs and PMD in NetBeans.
Not only will the Patriots take on the Seattle Seahawks in the big game, but many web based companies will be taking on large-scale traffic challenges after airing their prime time commercials that day. After hearing this, you should ignore the pregame hype, put down the nachos and get your servers ready for maxxed out user load.
OpenXava allows Rapid Development of Business Web Applications. In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production.
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
It is very important to understand who you work for, the boss/customer who pays you or the project, and the difference between them
This article explores how to create a JSF login backed by the standards-compliant CDI framework (that is included with Java EE), and the PicketLink security framework (an open-source project from JBoss).
What can we do to better align Ops and Dev so that they can speak the same language and work towards a more common goal? This article series attempts to address a portion of this problem by presenting development teams insight into how specific decisions impact the day-to-day operational requirements of an application. In this case, let’s look at the Ready Queue.
This article discusses an simple yet flexible solution to configuration that is specific to the environment with Spring.
TiP is not something to be afraid of. The more you understand what may go wrong and how to take the proper precautions to prevent that, the more successful and efficient your overall app development process will be.Today’s post is about the major risks of Testing in Production, how to mitigate them and ensure you’re getting your best end-product to users.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.