What are the top libraries used by some of the most popular Scala projects on GitHub? Based on analyzing 64,562 dependencies
With ZK 8 you can stay true to your Java roots, but also effortlessly keep up with the ever-evolving world of front-end technologies.
An introduction to implementing a simple but very useful serach/filter operation on your Spring REST APIs using JPA Criteria.
Ugh. Your boss wants an estimate for a couple of new features that your client requested. Problem is, your last estimates were way too optimistic and far off the actual time needed. Talk about deadline pressure, eh? Here are 5 simple ways to not make those same estimation mistakes again.
Performance is critical to the success of your web and mobile apps – and will be for a long time in the future. It’s not a matter of if you have to do it. It’s about how to do it best.
Spring is the inversion of controller framework. Spring’s power comes in the way one can configure a bean and wire the dependencies. Camel route itself is a mix of various components, spring becomes a natural fit in Camel’s journey. In this article, we will see how spring supports camel using some examples.
Catching an exception must be your last resort; a properly designed application would catch exceptions in one place only.
Capturing the essence of an Akka User Group conversation, we reveal 6 questions that Enterprise Architects ask about using Akka in production for distributed, resilient Reactive systems...
Not a lot of developers use Semaphores. They can be used to conserve your system resources though. This post takes a look at the four ways they are useful and how they work.
How can you start using one of the coolest features of Java 9 starting today?
This 3-part series explores the definition and benefits of using log data streams and real-time analytics for some common IT Ops uses cases.
Technical Debt starts when building bad code or using frameworks in a non optimal way. Bad usage of the Atlassian CDSFramework, Hibernate and Proxied Microservices are three use cases I explain in this blog for you to avoid and lower your technical debt
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Excellent programming is about function, not form (11 May 2016) Are language architects, or would-be language architects, doing a disservice to Java by...
- Five tips to improve an offshore team (29 Apr 2016) Using an offshore team can save time and money, but if used ineffectively, they can cost more than...
- Overcome inherent bottlenecks in app lifecycle management (02 May 2016) The software development world is simply too busy to have inefficient ALM. Expert Gerie Owen...
- Make predictive monitoring effective for your organization (10 May 2016) The ability to anticipate an issue with predictive monitoring outweighs the value of performance...
- Backend system integration the new mobile development challenge (14 Apr 2016) While developing a fun UI was once the biggest hurdle facing mobile development teams, the new...
- Moving beyond the virtualization tool with DevOps containers (01 Apr 2016) Virtualization has been a pivotal tool for organizations wanting to simplify both development and...
- Designing Web apps and Web UIs for software developers (08 Apr 2016) Interested in designing Web apps? Here are some UX design tips that will garner them great feedback...
- Improving Web app performance as simple as embracing HTTP/2 (11 Apr 2016) Learn about how the rapidly growing HTTP/2 protocol can improve Web app performance and reduce...
- Lasting impacts of software failure and poor application performance (12 Apr 2016) Customers have a short memory and lots of alternatives, so organizations must ensure that poor...
- Using BackOps to improve software development processes (20 Apr 2016) Learn how BackOps understands different personality types and can improve the software development...