Where do I start? What am I doing? (Why am I even here?) Have you ever asked yourself these questions at the beginning of a performance testing project? Have you been one of the many test engineers who have been delivered an application and told to “just test it”? (True story: I was once handed off an application to lead a performance testing project on with these words of guidance, “Just test it...
There are several JPAs “how to” that we can find on the internet, here in this blog, that teaches how to do several tasks with JPA. Usually I see some people asking questions about Queries with JPA; usually to answer this kind of questions several links are provided trying to find a solution to the question.
How do remote Windows Azure Storage Accounts affect my application's performance? Learn how to monitor and identify performance issues!
Recently, CircuitLab.com used VMware’s vFabric RabbitMQ to render 16K+ images in under an hour by employing a cloud computing model. The workload processed with a cost of a few dollars and very limited code changes. The case study is summarized here.
JPPF 3.1 brings new security features, load-balancing in the client, fork/join tasks execution and more.
Vaadin announced at Google IO that it will include Google Web Toolkit (GWT) in the upcoming Vaadin Framework 7. This way Vaadin will allow user interface development both on the server-side and on the client-side. Vaadin 7 release is expected in the beginning of October. The first developer preview version with GWT built-in was released today.
Management tools, like Spring Insight, are particularly well architected to support community development. Leveraging a plugin architecture to monitor and manage technologies, users have the freedom to create plugins that monitor new, custom or not-yet-supported technologies. VMware is now supporting creating a marketplace where companies, including VMware, can offer "bounties" on plugin...
Yesterday, amidst the hoopla at the combined Red Hat Summit and JBoss World event in Boston, RedHat quietly announced that they have sealed the deal on the acquisition of FuseSource. Sources close to FuseSource show initial excitement about the transition. Some others may not be quite as optimistic.
Eclipse BIRT 4.2 is now available and features Maven support
Today's Java developers are code ninjas and mobile application magicians. They connect us to the world in ways that were impossible not so long ago. Unfortunately, the developers that work so much power into our mobile devices may not be the best candidates for making sure that power stays in the right hands. Is a Web application firewall the answer?
Cloud9 has launched a new release of its IDE that might change the way people think about development in the clouds.
Demonstrates how the resource metering quotas can be used to control the execution of runaway threads in a JVM by dynamically injecting sleeps and yields into call target points.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.