A security services company uses MapR HBase to calm a data flood. The software drops JVMs to gain better performance. No "Java Inside" stickers here.
We are happy to announce the release of logFaces v4 with many new features and improvements.
The known java static analysis tools could report thousands of violations, and this post decribe a way to xploit better their results.
Today, RRiBbit 2.6.0 has been released, which provides various new enhancements and version upgrades.
A study of close to 85,000 runtimes analyzes the popularity of different Garbage Collectors and elaborates on the reasons why the results are somewhat surprising.
If you you’re an open source developer and you are distributing your packages, you may have wished for the logs and to get statistics for the downloads.
ISVs and software vendors are always in search for alternatives to fulfill their business objectives and goals at the lowest cost possible. One of the best possible strategy that can help them save money while reducing the development and IT overhead is to outsource the software requirements to the offshore development company.
With 42 services in AWS, there's a ton of data waiting to be explored! Find all of your Amazon Web Services logs easily with our newest blog, "Where Are My AWS Logs:" https://blog.logentries.com/2013/11/where-are-my-aws-logs/ That said, finding the logs is only the first step!
Got a chance to attend Amazon's AWS re:Invent conference last week. It was a great conference, and it was a real contrast compared to a typical Java-centric conference like JavaOne. Of course, a conference like this is a great way to figure out what is 'right in the cloud' and where it's going sideways.
Good news for Hadoop developers who want to use Microsoft Windows OS for their development activities. Finally Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 release officially supports for running Hadoop on Microsoft Windows as well. But the bin distribution of Apache Hadoop 2.2.0 release does not contain some windows native components (like winutils.exe, hadoop.dll etc). As a result, if we try to run Hadoop in windows,...
Need information about all your AWS services, such as EC2, EBS, RDS, CloudWatch, Trusted Advisor*, CloudTrail*, etc, in one place? Do you need to easily correlate resource usage (e.g. high cpu utilization), Trusted Advisor recommendations, infrastructure changes (e.g. starting and stopping instances) and user activity (e.g. user X killed instance Y) with information coming from application log...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Bitnami: How a pet project evolved into cloud hosting and server management (24 Sep 2015) It's amazing how what was once a pet project that provided simple installers to fellow developers...
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- OpenStack strengthened by AWS, Cloudscaling CTO says (22 Sep 2014) At OpenStack Silicon Valley 2014, Cloudscaling’s CTO discusses using AWS to enhance services.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.