OpenXava is a framework for Rapid Java Web Development, well-suited for business and database oriented applications. OpenXava allows you to develop applications just by writing simple domain classes with Java or Groovy. The user interface is generated automatically in runtime, without code generation.
Upload on S3 with the jclouds library - the 4 generic Blob APIs.
A new version of the Open Source integration testing tool is available. Citrus 1.3 introduces a set of new features for automated integration tests on message based enterprise applications.
It is not easy to find a common language between business and IT as their goals are typically not aligned. We looked at a big eCommerce store to see how they bridge the gap between business goals such as "Drive more Visits with Marketing Campaigns" and IT Goals such as "optimal usage of IT Resources and site availability" Learn from them how to answer questions like: How successful are my...
The problem with mapping that we encountered in our project turned out to be a very interesting issue to deal with. The complexity of mappings made first XSLT, then Drools not a perfect solution. In the article I am presenting a Java application that compiles at runtime Groovy scripts that are supposed to be written by a BA with a simple and comprehensive DSL.
Puppet is a tool designed to manage the configuration of our systems declaratively. In current post we are going to see how to install TomEE using Puppet.
With LiveRebel 2.6 you can rollout code, database and configuration changes in sync, onto a blend of environments with no downtime or overhead.
Application performance monitoring is more than just following the fault domain isolation workflow to determine the root cause of the problem that is reported by an end user. In many cases waiting for the end users to report problems simply takes too long, while the frustration due to poor performance grows.
We analyzed the data from 1,024 different environments using Plumbr and published statistics about what is the typical heap and permgen sizing in those environments.
Ah, if only there were free, widely-used Java tools that let you test your code and virtualize it's interactions across your app, wiping out bugs left and right as you go..... oh wait, there are! In this Rebel Labs report, we review the concepts of Unit Testing with JUnit and TestNG, learning what, and what not, to test and some advanced mocking techniques with Mockito. So, go away bugs! We've...
The Websphere team have just released the new beta of Next - the Java EE Web Profile which offers CDI and EJB Lite support. With super fast startup and deployment times, could WebSphere finally be getting developer friendly ?
Groovy is an object-oriented programming language for the Java platform. It is a dynamic language with features similar to those of Python, Ruby, Perl, and Smalltalk.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- NTT America, Inc., an NTT Communications company
- The SnapLogic Integration Cloud: A Technical Overview (SnapLogic)
- Application Release and Deployment For Dummies (IBM)
- The Time is Right for DevOps (CA Technologies.)
- Neo Technology
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.