If you’ve been in the software world for a while now, you know the idea of introducing a lite application isn’t exactly new or uncommon. However, it’s often done for different reasons. A free version can be used as a giveaway to attract new users while an easy-to-use version is perfect for novices. Likewise, single-purpose versions may be made to isolate and streamline a specific portion of...
Take a closer look at some of the common challenges of performance testing microservices, explore best practices for testing your microservices, and explain how you can monitor the performance of your microservices in production.
In the midst of Docker’s meteoric rise and the explosion of talk around containers, it can be easy to lose oneself in all of the new terminology and jargon. While we think about the challenges presented by using containers in production, we also continue to hear the metaphor of Pets vs. Cattle and why it’s important to maintain an infrastructure that acts like a herd of cows.
What are the pros and cons of Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack and Fabric?
A prototype is what a software project starts from; this article explains the nine critical steps in the process of its creation
it’s time to turn our eyes to the future for a bird’s-eye view of what’s coming in Java EE 8, which will run in alignment with Java SE 8. As David Delabassee commented at Devoxx UK 2015, a lot has changed since the transition from J2EE, and the reinvention is continuing with this upcoming release. Although it’s very early days still, there are a few concrete specifics in place. Delabassee...
Konrad Malawski, Akka team member and Reactive Streams contributor, goes deep into the protocols, tools and methodologies user for building Reactive applications. Full video and slides provided.
Currently I am co-writing Arquillian in Action book with my colleague Jason Porter. Last week the book just entered into MEAP stage.
Application Performance Management, or APM, is the monitoring and management of the availability and performance of software applications. Different people can interpret this definition differently so this article attempts to qualify what APM is, what it includes, and why it is important to your business.
Man, monitoring web based applications and gathering metrics from single page interfaces (SPIs) developed in AngularJS and Ember can be a real pain. Well, it can be if you're using traditional monitoring software. If you are, SOASTA may have some answers to your problems.
From the performance achievements of the Redis NoSQL database to the simplification of persistence mapping from Java code to big data stores, the world of NoSQL and big data development is changing fast.
Typesafe Deputy CTO Viktor Klang goes into the world of microservices to see how these new system architectures emerge from the constraints of reality, and what we can do about it...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Limited bandwidth may stifle IoT development (10 Sep 2015) When it comes to IoT development, limited network bandwidth could be the weak link in the chain as...
- Examine modular code development with Java's Project Jigsaw (22 Sep 2015) Project Jigsaw is the new standard for modular code development in Java. Expert Barry Burd takes an...
- Novel P2P server infrastructure may be game changer (11 Sep 2015) A new approach to a P2P server infrastructure for Web applications is gaining recognition. Expert...
- What makes good software development tools great? (09 Sep 2015) Find out what separates the good software development tools from the great.
- Network capacity management still a challenge for apps (17 Sep 2015) Network capacity management challenges are increasing at a faster rate than ever with the...
- Redis creator signs with vendor amid community support (27 Aug 2015) How did the Redis community feel when the creator of their coveted NoSQL database signed on with a...
- The latest trends in the Hadoop project (25 Aug 2015) In this podcast, Tim Hall of Hortonworks discusses the Apache Hadoop project and how it has changed...
- Improving developer productivity with ZeroTurnaround (09 Sep 2015) In this podcast, Anton Arhipov and Geert Bevin talk about ZeroTurnaround's legacy of delivering...
- NetBeans IDE 8.1 worth a second look (28 Aug 2015) NetBeans IDE set to include Node.js support in the latest 8.1 version.