How do different AWS regions compare to one another? We tested the 8 regions to find out what is the best way to transfer data from EC2 instances to S3 buckets
For many, the absence of Project Jigsaw in Java 8 was the one chink in an otherwise warmly received release. Although the inclusion of the Compact Profiles feature did go some way to meeting more immediate platform footprint scalability needs, for many, modularization is still a sticking point. Fortunately, things are looking up for Jigsaw.
We like to offer different opinions at MarcoBehler, and the first one is this: A huge part of the Java community has been living in a ghetto and/or cult and/or comfort zone when it comes to saving their objects to a database. Take for example these phenomena you see over and over again in real life projects:
The Google I/O conference was kind of a big deal this year. Not only was Android L introduced, it was the first introduction of a profound idea that Google is clearly tackling: blending native mobile apps with web-based user experience and navigation. Could it be the beginning of the end of native applications as we know it?
A brief run down of some of the more useful practices for java threads when developing software that uses multiple threads.
When I started my career around 10 years ago, Struts MVC is the norm in the market. However, over the years, I observed the Spring MVC slowly gaining popularity. This is not a surprise to me, given the seamless integration of Spring MVC with Spring container and the flexibility and extensibility that it offers. From my journey with Spring so far, I usually saw people making some common...
A modern testing and behavioural specification framework for Java 8: http://richardwarburton.github.io/lambda-behave/
Microservices are an architectural style where each service is implemented as an independent system. Because a system is composed by more than one service, each service will communicate with other services. So we need a way to implement this communication in effective way. And this is exactly what RxJava will do it.
We get it. As a tester you are working under pressure. We want you to be the best tester you can be: ready, prepared, and capable. So here are the top 6 mistakes testers are most likely to make when testing mobile application performance – and how to avoid them. http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-6-mistakes-testers-need-to-avoid-when-testing-mobile-application-performance/
With the introduction of the stream API in Java 8 parallel computation became easier than ever. However, it doesn’t mean that parallelizing every stream is a good idea. The underlying infrastructure is flexible enough, but a few surprises await you when you use it.
MongoDB maven Dwight Merriman says the Agile movement played a hand in the development of MongoDB. Dynamic schema are part of the progran...
Small configuration tweaks can have a huge impact on your logging throughput
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Addressing security concerns and evolving beyond Spring with Java EE 8 (05 Nov 2014) The Spring framework created a situation where the Java EE platform had plenty of catching up to...
- JSF best practices for optimizing mobile application performance (04 Nov 2014) More and more applications are being built using the JSF frameworks, but traditional development...
- Incorporating Google Maps to the Java desktop (28 Oct 2014) Rob Terpilowski discusses how he and his architect team brought Google Maps to the Java desktop in...
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) In this video, Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...
- Video: NetScout discusses new UPM platform (10 Nov 2014) At JavaOne 2014, NetScout VP and architect discuss Unified Performance Management platform in this...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.