Engineers from Spring Source and Pivotal outline some examples of how to use Spring Hadoop with other Spring Projects and drill into an example of configuring Spring Batch with Spring Hadoop.
"Over the last twelve months we have transformed the company" said Cormier, promising that the various products and tools to be released and promoted this June would be ones that "define the next generation of computing." But before explaining the details of Red Hat's transformation over the past twelve months, Cormier felt the need to explain how his company had evolved over the past twelve...
Builder design pattern is a creational pattern like Factory pattern but has a very specific use case. You should be using Builder pattern, when you are creating object with too many optional and some mandatory properties in Java.
Get started today learning to use and being productive with the Java EE 7 Platform via the newly released NetBeans IDE 7.3.1.
Ten hot tips to boost your day to day productivity!
In this two-part series, I’ll walk through generating load using the Python multi-mechanize load-testing framework, then collect and analyze data about app performance.
Elasticsearch is a flexible and powerful open source, distributed real-time search and analytics engine. Asciidoctor is a pure Ruby processor for converting AsciiDoc source files and strings into HTML 5, DocBook 4.5 and other formats. In this post we are going to see how we can use Elasticsearch over AsciiDoc documents to make them searchable by their header information or by their content.
Sometimes when you are writing some code that needs communication with external systems, not necessarily by using a socket, for example it can be using a serial port, we may need a way to implement a timeout algorithm, so if after some specified time, the request does not return a result, a timeout error should be thrown so user can act in consequence, and not wait indefinitely for a result that...
We apply adaptive control to Apache Cassandra for more effective management of request workloads resulting in improved response time and throughput.
Oracle requires support license to patch Java time zones
Looks at how a performance model changes depending on the load ramp-up (fast or slow) and the use of adaptive measurement thresholds.
During a recent production load test we identified CPU exhaustion being our main hotspot preventing us from scaling to the number of visitors we wanted to support. In this blog we want to show you how we brought Ops and Dev on a single table to analyze the data and define action items in order to improve performance and scalability in both the Application as well as in the Infrastructure
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- JSR-286 development tutorial: Mastering request-response programming (17 May 2013) This portlet programming tutorial shows how the PortletRequest and Portlet Response are used when...
- Two most commonly misconfigured Tomcat performance settings (05 May 2013) Tomcat on the server is different from Tomcat on the desktop, but too many system admins fail to...
- Yale graph DB project uncovers hidden big data trends (05 May 2013) Graphic analysis of big data problems can often uncover hidden trends that might otherwise be...
- Expert insight into building distributed, service oriented systems (03 May 2013) Developing complex service oriented systems is a challenge, but with insight from the author of the...
- Dell Boomi and other integration providers jump on API management (10 May 2013) After several API management firms were acquired elsewhere, Dell Boomi announces their own API...
- Software developers demanding resource based, RESTful APIs (03 May 2013) Software developers are demanding APIs that are delivered in a RESTful, resource based way, and one...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.