A Few Suggestions

Discussions

TSS feedback: A Few Suggestions

1. A Few Suggestions (1 messages)

1. Ability to change personal information. Had I known you post email addresses I would have used an "anonymous" one. Guess I can expect spam at work now.

2. Option to not post email address.

3. Clearer guidelines. Can I or can I not use HTML to format my message? I didn't think I could, otherwise this message would have been an OL formatted list.

4. Perhaps the ability to track a thread, so we can see when new messages are posted to a particular thread, or to watch our "favorites"?

Just some thoughts....btw, Hi Ed. Remember me?
  2. A Few Suggestions[ Go to top ]

1. Ability to change personal information. Had I known you

> post email addresses I would have used

Jack, thanks for pointing out the importance of this. I have removed user's emails from showing up on the main screens. Hope no one picked up your email. :)
         We should definately implement a "change my info" screen, that way people can start submitting their real emails instead of the hotmails. :)

As for HTML, when posting you can see the "How to post on TheServerSide.com" box on the right. It says that all html will be escaped (hence no html allowed) except for links. This will probably change in the future.

I agree that we should be able to track threads, we were planning a "my messages" feature where someone can track all threads he is in and all replies to his posts.

Floyd