Ensuring an entity bean is reloaded from the database

Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: Ensuring an entity bean is reloaded from the database

1. How can you ensure that an enitity bean is reloaded from the database when you 'look' at it.
    Oracle seems to look at its cached copy of the entity bean, if something outside the container modifies the table data the entity bean does not reflect the changes. How can we ensure the entity bean sees these changes?

Thanks in advance
    kriged@logica.com
  2. There's usually a setting in the xml descriptors that needs to be set. This tells the EJB it must perform an ejbLoad for each access.

I don't know about OAS, but in weblogic you set a parameter in the weblogic-ejb-jar.xml file. I assume there'll be a oas-ejb-jar.xml (or something similar) you need for your ejb. There should be a setting in there somewhere.

Cheers,
    Rick
  3. Rick,

Can you tell me what this setting is??
  4. could u tell me whether this is possible using time stamp process. if it is then could u tell me how to achieve it
  5. This is exactly the problem. In WebLogic the setting is <DB-IS-SHARED> correct? I cannot find a similar setting in Oracle Application Server...