J2ee spec for JNDI lookup in standalone java client

Discussions

General J2EE: J2ee spec for JNDI lookup in standalone java client

1. J2ee spec for JNDI lookup in standalone java client (4 messages)

Hi all
     What is the J2ee spec for JNDI lookup from a standalone java application???My application server is running on a different machine than my client java program. Now this java client program is trying to get a hold of the beans deployed on the application server. For this situation, what is the J2ee spec ?? I know that in weblogic, you will hav eto provide the PROVIDER_URL, INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY, SECURITY_PRINCIPAL and SECURITY_CREDENTIALS. How does it work on websphere or JBoss etc??

Thanks in advance
  2. The specs don't demand standalone client JNDI access through the default initialcontext. You can achieve this through application clients I beleievce
  3. Hi,

I'm also looking for a solution for the same problem. In my case, its little bit different that a standalone application or any other client for that matter, should access a business delegate, which is lying above the session beans.All these beans, business delegates are in a different machine and in an application server(JBOSS).

Kindly suggest a solution for this..

Thanks in advance..
    Viji
  4. It works the same way for all app servers. The protocol (t3, iiop, jnp) in PROVIDER_URL differs, the INITIAL_CONTEXT_FACTORY class differs, but the interface is the same. Put the parameters in a Properties object and construct the InitialContext using it, or, alternatively, specify them on the command line using -D.

For valid values for each app server, RTFM.
  5. Is there a way to give access to my business delegates instead of the EJBeans to any remote client?

Kindly help

Thanks