The Portlet JSR 168 has been updated, and posted in a second Proposed Final Draft form. There are some minor alterations and clarifications (hopefully meaning it is nearly there).
- Posted by: Dion Almaer
- Posted on: September 09 2003 09:01 EDT
- RenderResponse.setBufferSize() should be called before a response is written, but it isn't mandatory.
- Clarified that the query-string params used to obtain a PortletRequestDispatcher have to be aggregated to the current render params.
- Clarified that the variable created by actionURL, and renderURL taglibs via var="..." must be a String
Second Portlet Proposed Final Draft and JSR 168 Homepage.
View TSS Coverage of the first final draft.
Stefan Hepper and Stephan Hesmer also released their second article on the Portlet API, where they look into some sample portlets, and the RI itself.
Read: Introducing the Portlet Specification, Part 2
- Where could we download the RI? by Benjamin Mestrallet on September 09 2003 12:07 EDT
- Where is the RI? by code freedom on September 09 2003 12:41 EDT
- Jakarta Pluto (??) by Sean Sullivan on September 09 2003 21:42 EDT
- blog that mentions JSR-168 by Sean Sullivan on September 12 2003 19:03 EDT
- Pluto charter, Jakarta Jetspeed 2 by Sean Sullivan on September 12 2003 19:07 EDT
- JavaLive transcript by Sean Sullivan on September 13 2003 14:48 EDT
The article talks about the RI implementation but there is no link to where we can download it.
We would would like (the eXo project development team) to use the RI to be sure that our IoC portlet framework a la Struts is portable as we think it is.
Where is the friggin RI?? Typical IBM
Jakarta Pluto project (?)
http://www.mail-archive.com/general at jakarta dot apache dot org/msg06813.html
I thought it was Jetspeed ???
JavaLive transcript about JSR-168