Discussions

EJB programming & troubleshooting: WebSphere EJB container system properties

1. WebSphere EJB container system properties (7 messages)

I'm using WSAD 5.1 and trying to figure out how to modify EJB container system properties in WebSphere. Specifically I need to change session bean pool size for a particular bean. This parameter can't be changed using administrative console, according the following excerpt from WSAD Help:
    ------------------------------------
    "In addition to the settings accessible from the administrative console, you can set the following system property by command-line scripting:

com.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize".
    Set the pool size for a given entity bean as follows:

beantype=min,max[:beantype=min,max...]
    How and where can I change the bean pool size and what would it look like?

Thank you.

Alec.

Threaded Messages (7)

2. I'm using WSAD 5.1 and trying to figure out how to modify EJB container system properties in WebSphere. Specifically I need to change session bean pool size for a particular bean. This parameter can't be changed using administrative console, according the following excerpt from WSAD Help:
    "In addition to the settings accessible from the administrative console, you can set the following system property by command-line scripting:

com.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize".
    Set the pool size for a given entity bean as follows:

beantype=min,max[:beantype=min,max...]
    How and where can I change the bean pool size and what would it look like?

Thank you.

Yes, I think this part is a bit weak. For command line scripting, are they
    talking about wsadmin? I messed around with that, with no luck. Seems like
    we are told everything but what we need to know. On older versions it used to be a JVM arg.

Alec.
  3. Set this property in the console[ Go to top ]

There is a way to set this property in the administration console in WebSphere 5.1

Under Servers > Application Servers > server_name > Process Definition > Java Virtual Machine > Custom Properties you choose to add a property with name and value as is described earlier in this thread.
  4. IBM article[ Go to top ]

There is a good article on this here:

http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=180&context=SSEQTP&q1=pool+size&uid=swg21200383&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Adrian
  5. Any luck in finding out how to change the Pool Size ? I too played around a little bit but didn't succeed.

Thanks,
    RB
  6. To solve this inside WSAD:
    In your J2EE hierarchy, double click on the server (under Servers) you have defined to open up the Server properties. (In my case Websphere v5.1 Test Environment)

Next click on the Enviroment tab and scroll down till you find the System.properties area.

Add a new system property called com.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize and the value as *=2,3

This will make all ejb's have a min pool size of 2 and a max pool size of 3, useful if you want to test ejb passivation

The above setting will apply for all beans, I haven't been able to get it working for invdividual beans though yet....

The IBM article on this is at http://www-306.ibm.com/software/webservers/appserv/doc/v40/ae/infocenter/was/rn101493.3.RN.html
  7. Thanks, Anil.
    This is a really good article!

Aleksey.
  8. FOR INDIVIDUAL[ Go to top ]

Hi,
    for setting the pool size for invidual levels of ejb's u have to specify like
    com.ibm.websphere.ejbcontainer.poolSize
    ApplicationName#Ejb module name#BeanName=116,217