Discussions

EJB design: EJB vs .NET

1. EJB vs .NET (5 messages)

Hi,

Do you know if there is a equivalent to EJB (Java) in the set of Microsoft Solutions. Does the .Net platform is also an answer to this ( .Net Enterprise Server ? ) ?

Or do you know if Microsoft has another phylosohpy or technologies to address the same problems as the EJB ?

Do you know someone that is able to answer to this question !!!

Thanks a lot

Christophe

Threaded Messages (5)

2. EJB vs .NET[ Go to top ]

Microsoft has COM and COM+ as an equivalent for ejb.

But .NET is a platform where services can be created and accessed in the world wide web. The services are software services which can be bought an used. For ex. if i've written a shopping cart service, that can be reused by customers needing a shopping cart.

.NET, as they say, supports development with multiple languages to develop a single service.

.NET is a web-based service which can be used by endusers themselves, whereas ejb can be used by developers.
  3. EJB vs .NET[ Go to top ]

MSFT's previous version of distributed object framework, i.e., MTS, lacks the equivalents of stateful session and entity beans. My understanding is that in .NET they will add those.
  4. EJB vs .NET[ Go to top ]

I would be suprised if they added Stateful or entity components. Most MS distributed programmers are religiously opposed to such concepts. :)

Floyd
  5. EJB vs .NET[ Go to top ]

Microsoft Transaction Server is more or less pitched against EJB but it lack persistence.

6. EJB vs .NET[ Go to top ]

This thread : http://theserverside.com/discussion/thread.jsp?thread_id=4306 might also be of interest in the -

J2EE vs M$ .NET debate...