Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: html form element in a jsp

1. html form element in a jsp (1 messages)

Hi All,

I dont know whether this is the right group to post my message or not but i've rather strange problem with form element in html.

My jsp page contains a form element which has an action attribute. the form element looks like this

<form name="my" action="dummy.do" method = get>

If I execute the jsp in my local machine running websphere and when the form gets submitted, I can see in the URL, the context root being prepended to the dummy.do

I moved the web project onto a different server and now when my form gets submitted, the context root is not getting attached and I'm getting a file not found error.

Can anyone guess why this occurs?

kiran
  2. html form element in a jsp[ Go to top ]

Hi All,I dont know whether this is the right group to post my message or not but i've rather strange problem with form element in html.My jsp page contains a form element which has an action attribute. the form element looks like this<form name="my" action="dummy.do" method = get>If I execute the jsp in my local machine running websphere and when the form gets submitted, I can see in the URL, the context root being prepended to the dummy.doI moved the web project onto a different server and now when my form gets submitted, the context root is not getting attached and I'm getting a file not found error.Can anyone guess why this occurs?kiran
    Can you try absolute path in the action?
    <form name="my" action="/dummy.do" method = get>

Senthil.