Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: Having trouble with CSS and TagLibs

1. Having trouble with CSS and TagLibs (1 messages)

I'm having trouble getting a radio button to display as a Cascading Style using the taglib "html:radio." This worked before I changed the radio button from "<Input type=radio>" to the taglib "<html:radio>." However, I can't get it to work now.

The reason I switched is the radio wasn't populating the ActionForm under the traditional <Input> tag, so I switched (to Html:radio). I'm not sure this is the best way to do it, but it was the only way I found to make it work so far.

I tried setting the "styleClass=" but that doesn't work. Neither does "styleId=." Maybe I need to change my CSS to accomodate this?

Thanks in advance,
    Chris
  2. Hi there,

It will depend on how the particular style you would like to apply is setup.

If it is a style with reference to a partiular type of HTML element (in your case it would probably be "input") then it should still work, since the struts html:radio tag simply renders an HTML "input" tag of type "radio".

Otherwise you probably have a standard style. If so try setting the "class" attribute of the element in which you radio is embedded. So if you have your radio in a table column, try this:

<td class="yourStyle"><html:radio>....etc etc</td>

good luck...