Discussions

News: C-JDBC 1.0 final released

1. C-JDBC 1.0 final released (6 messages)

The C-JDBC team is proud to announce the availability of C-JDBC 1.0 final release.

This new version includes a completely redesigned administration console with an enhanced graphical interface to manage and monitor distributed virtual databases.
    This final version has reached the maturity needed for production use and professional support is now available for C-JDBC.

Source and binary versions, documentation and professional support are available at http://c-jdbc.objectweb.org.

Cheers,

The C-JDBC team

Threaded Messages (6)

2. C-JDBC 1.0 final released[ Go to top ]

Congratulations on the 1.0 release.

I looked at c-jdbc a few months ago and it looked very interesting but at that time the c-jdbc controller was not clustered and therefore introduced a single point of failure in the architecture. Has that problem now been resolved?

Thanks,

Andy Grove.
    Code Futures, Ltd.
  3. Re: single point of failure[ Go to top ]

Congratulations on the 1.0 release.I looked at c-jdbc a few months ago and it looked very interesting but at that time the c-jdbc controller was not clustered and therefore introduced a single point of failure in the architecture. Has that problem now been resolved?Thanks,Andy Grove.Code Futures, Ltd.
    I'm not sure if they have fixed the single point of failure issue or not, however I guess the controller sits on a TCP/IP socket and therefore you could use a Linux High Availability pair of servers to keep the service fault tolerant.

Complete overkill perhaps ?

Ian Purton
    Managing Director
    AlertRobot.co.uk
  4. No more single point of failure?[ Go to top ]

According to C-JDBC brochure it supports "transparent failover between cooperative controllers". So it seems that this single point of failure has been eliminated from recent releases.

Sami Lehtinen
  5. C-JDBC 1.0 final released[ Go to top ]

I looked at c-jdbc a few months ago and it looked very interesting but at that time the c-jdbc controller was not clustered and therefore introduced a single point of failure in the architecture. Has that problem now been resolved?
    Yes, now it is possible to replicate C-JDBC controllers. The current solution is based on JGroups to synchronize controller states and multicast updates while preserving transaction seirazability.
    We are working on improving the group communication library to offer uniform total order broadcast which is the only way to offer fast and transparent failover of backends attached to a controller that crashed.

Emmanuel
    C-JDBC team
  6. C-JDBC 1.0 final released[ Go to top ]

I wonder if two quite important featurese have been added:
     - automatic initial alignment of databases
     - blob support
    I found them missing some time ago and I couldn't see them mentioned directly in release notes
  7. C-JDBC 1.0 final released[ Go to top ]

I wonder if two quite important featurese have been added: - automatic initial alignment of databases - blob support
    - Automatic initial alignment of databases can be either done programmatically through JMX or using the new graphical administration console (using just drag and drop).
    - Regarding Blobs, they are supported since C-JDBC 1.0beta10 and significant improvements have been made in C-JDBC 1.0rc6. As Blob support is not really standardized among database implementations, there might be limitations according to the database you are using.

Emmanuel