Is anyone using Corba?

Discussions

General J2EE: Is anyone using Corba?

1. Is anyone using Corba? (5 messages)

OMG have come out with Corba Component Model and other Corba related specifications. But does anyone use Corba to implement systems.

Regards,
    Mark P Ashworth
    http://www.connext.co.za

Threaded Messages (5)

2. What happened to CORBA?[ Go to top ]

In 2003 I ran performance tests on different networking technologies in order to find the best one for a Java project. I left Corba out as I haven't heard anybody using it for a while.

If anybody used CORBA in a commercial project but switched from the technology can you please post the reasons why?
  3. What happened to CORBA?[ Go to top ]

Doesn't EJB make heavy use of CORBA internally? Or was that in the dark ages, I've successfully avoided EJB for a long time now ;)
  4. What happened to CORBA?[ Go to top ]

EJBs are built on top of RMI which can be RMI over IIOP, the CORBA protocol.
  5. What happened to CORBA?[ Go to top ]

Hay (I copy my response from other thread),

I am using CORBA in comercial products. Today I work in a telecomunication company and we use CORBA in two projects. My experience was very good. I use Visibroker for Java and now we plan to migrate the Visibroker to openORB or Java ORB, because high fees charged by Borland.
       The first project using CORBA was a Proxy Server to provide provisioning system to pre-paid platform. It is a system processing 250,000 requests per day. The system is running for 2 years without no problem, no interruption. It is a complete success in Telemig Celular.
       If you ask me if I recommend CORBA as distributed pattern I say: yes. As I said before, the project was a success, the system is very stable.

Silvio Lucas
    +55-31-99683125
  6. Yes, I am using CORBA[ Go to top ]

Hay,

I am using CORBA in comercial products. Today I work in a telecomunication company and we use CORBA in two projects. My experience was very good. I use Visibroker for Java and now we plan to migrate the Visibroker to openORB or Java ORB, because high fees charged by Borland.
       The first project using CORBA was a Proxy Server to provide provisioning system to pre-paid platform. It is a system processing 250,000 requests per day. The system is running for 2 years without no problem, no interruption. It is a complete success in Telemig Celular.
       If you ask me if I recommend CORBA as distributed pattern I say: yes. As I said before, the project was a success, the system is very stable.

Silvio Lucas
    +55-31-99683125