Discussions

News: Eclipse Web Tools Project posts 1.0-M4

1. Eclipse Web Tools Project posts 1.0-M4 (11 messages)

The Eclipse Web Tools Project, which is extending the Eclipse platform with tools for developing J2EE applications, has posted milestone 4 for download.

WTP supports multiple servers and most, if not all, of the J2EE stack.

This version emphasizes quality APIs over extra features, but adds some features like new HTML and JSP templates, better J2EE server support, and a number of web service changes, along with the normal bugfixes.

The next milestone is due in mid-June, with the final release scheduled for July 29.

Threaded Messages (11)

2. I like the idea of server plugin and ability to introduce your own server. I am wondering if it will be possible to use this generic framework and extend it to deploying custom components, like BPEL Processes etc. It will be interesting if the same framework can be extended to do something like that.

Good Work, and I am happy to see eclipse progress.
  3. installability[ Go to top ]

Iam hoping they have improved the quality of the installability and provided an uninstall also. The previous one wasn´t all that good, well nonexistent. But Iam going to give it a try again.

My 0.02
  4. installability[ Go to top ]

Iam hoping they have improved the quality of the installability and provided an uninstall also. The previous one wasn´t all that good, well nonexistent. But Iam going to give it a try again.My 0.02
    But at least there were good, straight-forward directions. And it worked.
  5. can't understand why a plugin contributed by IBM does not support Websphere!
  6. I tried to use WTP 1.0M4 but can not find J2EE Project in New project wizard, only has Simple Web Project. It seems stupid!

Just my 2 cents!!!
  7. With M4 the flexible project structure has been introduced. The basis project type is the "flexible Java Project" (to find in the Java folder of the new project wizard), you can add J2EE Web Modules, J2EE Application Client Modules and J2EE EJB Modules to a flexible Java Project.

Jochen
  8. you can add J2EE Web Modules, J2EE Application Client Modules and J2EE EJB Modules to a flexible Java Project.Jochen

Can I just import the external J2EE project with my own custom structure without modifying this structure (i.e. without moving or modifying any file of folder from the project I already have)? Does the introduced flexible project flexible enough to allow it.
  9. ahah[ Go to top ]

Ahah! Oh man though. Were there any release notes with this? Arg. Spent the afternoon trying to debug what I thought was a faulty installation since I couldn't find the new j2ee project.

Any similar magic for where my 'export->WAR' option went?
  10. I'm just coming into J2EE, and somebody highly recommended Web Tools. What is the difference between a J2EE Web Module and a J2EE Application Client Module?

Thanks,
    Matt
  11. Congrats[ Go to top ]

I've used M3 for a web services project and I very much liked the features already in that version. Looking forward to working with M4!
  12. Looks like IBM Rational Developer 6.0 - hopefully, it's not a POS and beyond buggy like the RAD6.