Discussions

Performance and scalability: Server hardware dimensioning

1. Server hardware dimensioning (3 messages)

Hi there,

We're initiating our work with Borland Enterprise Server and need some information about how to dimension our server hardware resources (HD, RAM, speed and number of processors, etc). Does anyone can give me some directions to follow? I would appreciate any information about documents I can get about the subject.
    Than you.
  2. Re: Server hardware dimensioning[ Go to top ]

I'd recommend you ask Borland. If you have an idea on the kind of applications you'll want to run, they can probably give you a good idea on what kind of server power you'll need.
  3. Server hardware dimensioning[ Go to top ]

Thank you for the answer. The problem is that we're really beginning to develop EJB applications. By now we don't have strong requirements. But we would like to dimension our hardware for the future, when we think we'll have many applications running on Borland Enterprise Server. I hoped there was some guidelines I could use.
    Thank you again.
  4. Re: Server hardware dimensioning[ Go to top ]

I'm pretty sure Borland has a document describing the various kinds of loads their server with a given hardware setup. Contact your Borland sales rep -- they'll point you in the right direction.