how can i disable the right click on my jsp page

Discussions

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: how can i disable the right click on my jsp page

1. hi folks,
            My doubt is: If any one who tries to copy or do any other stuff on my jsp page by right clicking the mouse, i need to disable right click. Means, he should not copy or anything from my jsp page!!!!
            Thanks in advance
  2. <hint>java script and onmousedown</hint>
  3. Doing this is not a particular good idea for several reasons:

- A user is still able to view the source html generated from your jsp without the right mouse menu

- It anoys users, for instance if your page shows some text he/she wants to google, they would not have the convinience of copying the text through the right mouse menu
  4. Doing this is not a particular good idea for several reasons:- A user is still able to view the source html generated from your jsp without the right mouse menu- It anoys users, for instance if your page shows some text he/she wants to google, they would not have the convinience of copying the text through the right mouse menu

Absolutely correct. Disabling the right mouse button does not stop the user from copying content on the JSP. If this un-copyable (sp?) content is so important maybe you should not display on the web.
  5. There is an appropriate taglib (Right Click) in Coldtags suite: http://www.servletsuite.com/jsp.htm