display Struts with .html extension

Web tier: servlets, JSP, Web frameworks: display Struts with .html extension

1. display Struts with .html extension (2 messages)

To all:
    I am trying to find a way to display a dynamic web page created with Struts so that it would have an .html extension so that I can send the page by email. My goal is to create a report using Struts and once the report is created on the server have it displayed on the client but instead of having a .do extension have it displayed as a regular html web page. I found that if the url shows the .do extension I could not send it as email.
    Is there some simle and elegant way of doing this?

Thank you for all your help.
  2. display Struts with .html extension[ Go to top ]

You could add an entry into the web.xml file right below the entry that looks like
    that says
    of course that would mean that if you had any actual html files in the application it would try to route them to struts too.
  3. display Struts with .html extension[ Go to top ]

Thank you for your reply. After alot of experimenting I found out that file extension had nothing to do with it. It might have been either a browser setting or a security issue. While testing locally on my PC I was able to email without a problem. Once I deployed my project to the test server and ran it, something was preventing me to email the page.