BEA releases Tuxedo 9.0

Discussions

News: BEA releases Tuxedo 9.0

1. BEA releases Tuxedo 9.0 (12 messages)

BEA has announced the general availability of Tuxedo 9.0, the newest version of their high-end transaction manager. Tuxedo is designed to provide transaction management for C, C++, and COBOL, and integrates with BEA's AquaLogic platform.

According to BEA, "The BEA Tuxedo system is analogous to a Service Request Broker (SRB) and provides a service-oriented infrastructure for efficiently routing, dispatching, and managing requests, events, and application queues across BEA Tuxedo processes and applications."

Weblogic integration is provided via a WebLogic Tuxedo Connector, which supports full transaction and security propagation between BEA Tuxedo’s C, C++, and COBOL applications and BEA WebLogic Server and Platform J2EE tools and applications - but doesn't support delegated transactions.

Have you encountered Tuxedo in your deployment environments? What is your opinion of it? How might the lack of delegated transaction support between Tuxedo and WebLogic affect you? Lastly, do you think BPEL is a better technology for integrating disparate services than an integrated container?

Threaded Messages (12)

2. Apparently, BEA is developing a .NET wrapper for Tuxedo 9.0. Unfortunately, instead of being original, BEA decided to simply copy the product documentation of our DotTux product and change the copyright notice. Compare for example

http://e-docs.bea.com/tuxedo/tux90/netwrapper/adm_guide.htm

with

http://web.archive.org/web/20040714141831/www.otpsystems.com/doc/DotTux-1.0/admin/ch-intro.html

and

http://web.archive.org/web/20040714072708/www.otpsystems.com/doc/DotTux-1.0/admin/ch-install.html

They even kept the name of our DotTux installation package ("DotNeTux-1.0.0-tux90-win32.tar.gz")!

Unbelievable.

Robin Boerdijk
    OTP Systems Oy
    http://www.otpsystems.com
  3. ... and violates our copyright[ Go to top ]

... and, this relate to the post in?

Your company should be filing a lawsuit for copyright infringement...

:-\
  4. ... and violates our copyright[ Go to top ]

I think most anyone interested in this commercial product announcement would also be interested in knowing whether BEA is using stolen intellectual property to deliver this product.
  5. ... and violates our copyright[ Go to top ]

I think most anyone interested in this commercial product announcement would also be interested in knowing whether BEA is using stolen intellectual property to deliver this product.

And yet I don't.
  6. ... and violates our copyright[ Go to top ]

And yet I don't.

Could that be because you are either clueless, a moron, a BEA employee or all of the above?

If there are credible allegations of copyright infringements unaddressed in a product I am about to use, I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole..

However personally, I hope that this is a simple misunderstanding that will have a good explanation perhaps already in this thread.
  7. ... and violates our copyright[ Go to top ]

In all likelihood, this is simply one documentation person being lazy, not a worldwide BEA conspiracy to destroy all copyrights. Have you tried contacting BEA and politely describing the issue?
    Apparently, BEA is developing a .NET wrapper for Tuxedo 9.0. Unfortunately, instead of being original, BEA decided to simply copy the product documentation of our DotTux product and change the copyright notice.
  8. What happened then?[ Go to top ]

Bea seems to have pulled the page refered to by the first URL - Robin, what did Bea reply to your claims?
  9. BEA releases Tuxedo 9.0[ Go to top ]

Joseph: My name is Lorenzo Cremona, I am the Product Marketing Director for Tuxedo at BEA. I would like to discuss this matter with you to better understand what your issues and concerns are. BEA is very diligent in what we include in our products and documentation especially relating to 3-party products. Feel free to contact me so we can schedule some time to talk. My e-mail address is lorenzo dot cremona at bea dot com. Thank you Joseph. Sincerely, Lorenzo Cremona - BEA
  10. BEA releases Tuxedo 9.0[ Go to top ]

Robin: My name is Lorenzo Cremona, I am the Product Marketing Director for Tuxedo at BEA. I would like to discuss this matter with you to better understand what your issues and concerns are. BEA is very diligent in what we include in our products and documentation especially relating to 3-party products. Feel free to contact me so we can schedule some time to talk. My e-mail address is lorenzo dot cremona at bea dot com. Thank you Joseph. Sincerely, Lorenzo Cremona - BEA
  11. Assume, you have a huge enterprise app written in C++ and want to combine the 'web stuff' in Java with it. Is 'WebLogic Tuxedo Connector' helpful? Or should you just use database tables for data exchange?
  12. Assume, you have a huge enterprise app written in C++ and want to combine the 'web stuff' in Java with it. Is 'WebLogic Tuxedo Connector' helpful?

If this huge enterprise C++ app. is using Tuxedo then yes.

If not then WS or CORBA or JNI would be more appropriate.
  13. Assume, you have a huge enterprise app written in C++ and want to combine the 'web stuff' in Java with it. Is 'WebLogic Tuxedo Connector' helpful?
    If this huge enterprise C++ app. is using Tuxedo then yes.If not then WS or CORBA or JNI would be more appropriate.

I don't think it's that easy to decide. If the enterprise app isn't built on any middleware, moving it to something like Tuxedo may be a good long term strategy. Then integrating with the web is straight foward given the WebLogic Tuxedo Connector, WebLogic WorkShop, and the rest.

I also would shudder to suggest JNI for enterprise applications and a J2EE appserver as that is a very fragile solution and fraught with problems. I don't see how CORBA or WS help, unless the existing enterprise app is already using those technologies. True, an integration layer could be built using those technologies, but the same can be said of Tuxedo and the WebLogic Tuxedo Connector.