Discussions

News: eXo Platform v2 First Final product released

1. ObjectWeb has announced the release of eXo Platform version 2. This is slated to be the first in a series of releases of the open source portal all planned for this year. This release comes after more then a year long effort that included funding from a number of large integrators and the US Military.
    The new version of eXo comes with a much expanded set of functionality that includes;

• Enhanced Portal Navigation and pages customization including dynamic layout WYSIWYG editor has been enhanced to support nested containers and Drag and Drop
    • Advanced Security offers plugins to different LDAP severs. The model leverages advanced functionalities of Active Directory. Each portal, navigation tree or page can be configured with different permissions which control group visibility.
    • Collaboration and Information sharing: Portal version 1.1 comes with and enhanced community concept which allow a fine priority selection on the communities. The information made available to individual users is controlled by roles, interest, and security concerns
    • Web Content Accessibility that has most HTML and css rendering fulfill the WCAG 1.0 specification. This allows products built on top of eXo that will be compliant with federal regulations. This compliance is necessary for portal applications that are to be used in federal and public organizations
    • Enhanced Monitoring Capabilities:it is now possible to monitor portlet, page and portal accesses. This capability is supported with enhanced charting capabilities
    • Standard Based (JSR 168, WSRP, WCAG 1.0, US 508)
    The eXo Platform 2.0 can be downloaded from the source respository associated with the project.

Threaded Messages (16)

2. Congrats[ Go to top ]

Congrats on your new release, Benjamin
  3. Congrats[ Go to top ]

Congrats on your new release, Benjamin

thanks to my favorite competitor :)
  4. Congratulations
    i think it is one of the most awaited release for EXO portal.
    I have some question about this , as you know Liferay release some days ago its portal version 4 lines

so i have some quick question which coould be a fast comparesion between this two portal in some features that i need.
    -Does it support DnD for portlets ?
    -does i18n applys for items like new pages title ?
    -does it support RTL/LTR for portlet decoration / text flow ?
    -which data bases are supported out of the box
  5. Congratulationsi think it is one of the most awaited release for EXO portal.

Thank you
    I have some question about this , as you know Liferay release some days ago its portal version 4 linesso i have some quick question which coould be a fast comparesion between this two portal in some features that i need.

My comments will be more generic and will talk more about eXo advanced features, I usually don't like to talk about competitors products myself.
    -Does it support DnD for portlets ?

Yes it does, it even allows you to drag nested containers up and forth the Page component tree(columns or rows that contains other portlets or nested containers)
    -does i18n applys for items like new pages title ?

Yes indeed. All is based on java ResourceBundle mechanism where all i18n labels are stored in properties file. You can even modify those property file online.

For more info check: http://docs.exoplatform.org/exo-documents/exo-portal.site/properties.html
    -does it support RTL/LTR for portlet decoration / text flow ?

No it does not yet, this is on our TODO list for next release.
    -which data bases are supported out of the box

Been tested with:

Oracle, MySQL, HSQL, MSQL but others should be supported out of the box

HTH
  6. Thanks for your reply.
    Very happy to hear this items. you know , many of people who are new to portal and portlet development do not look for advanced features like LDAP and WCAG , they look for common features .
    I am a new user too ,so i look for the same thing . can i ask about next release ?

and one more question please : for now , is there any easy way to handle RTL/LTR issue ?
  7. you know , many of people who are new to portal and portlet development do not look for advanced features like LDAP and WCAG

Yes I know but at the end it makes a big difference. At eXo we have not spent our time building many portlets that was simply not our goal, but we focused on building a extremely modular and extensible portal framework.
    they look for common features .I am a new user too ,so i look for the same thing . can i ask about next release ?and one more question please : for now , is there any easy way to handle RTL/LTR issue ?

To dynamically move from RTL to LTR no, that is not an easy stuff to handle (if you want to make it well for sure).

Having all as RTL OR LTR is doable but allowing the dynamic swapping is the problem.
  8. as for the future release of the portal you can check our new JIRA tacker, most of the incoming tasks will be reported there
  9. can you give me your jira link?
    thanks
  10. Here is the current one

http://jira.exoplatform.org:6060

the port will be changed to 80 soon

we also have FYI

http://docs.exoplatform.org

and for our continuuous build (we will have a name for it soon too as those are on our new servers)

http://83.173.67.60:8080/continuum/servlet/continuum
  11. congrats[ Go to top ]

Congratulations to Exo. The Exo's container layout for pages has always been very good and now with Drag and Drop functionality it has just got better. Looking forward for more releases of Exo on BI and Collaboration Suites.
  12. I forgot POSTGRESQL...
  13. congradulations[ Go to top ]

congradulations!
    it looks like you have done every thing I was searching for!
    now I can use EXO platform and put half of team to do do another usefull things for our customers.
    would you please also tell us about OEM licencing options?
  14. congradulations[ Go to top ]

congradulations!it looks like you have done every thing I was searching for!now I can use EXO platform and put half of team to do do another usefull things for our customers.would you please also tell us about OEM licencing options?

That is exactly for people and company like yours that we are building the platform!

Thanks

Benajamin
  15. Getting started guide[ Go to top ]

I must say. After viewing the project page, I have to admit, this is one of the worst organized project pages that I have ever seen.

How about a link to the "Getting started with Exo" link?

When I did finally find the docs, which was a zip file with a bunch of PDFs in them, it was insane.

The organization stinks.

Look how Hibernate and Spring docs are organized. This is how it should be done.
  16. Getting started guide[ Go to top ]

I must say. After viewing the project page, I have to admit, this is one of the worst organized project pages that I have ever seen.How about a link to the "Getting started with Exo" link?When I did finally find the docs, which was a zip file with a bunch of PDFs in them, it was insane.The organization stinks.Look how Hibernate and Spring docs are organized. This is how it should be done.

Have a second look, you downloaded the v1 documentation and probably tested the v2 one...

Start with
    http://www.exoplatform.org
    http://docs.exoplatform.org
  17. !! Bravo !![ Go to top ]

I am new on exo Platform... But I like its community reaction. Also they make a big effort of documentation that improve the appropriation of the portal...

Yes, we have to felicite exo Platform team for this new version...

!! Bravo Benjamin, François et tous les autres !!!