The new version of eXo comes with a much expanded set of functionality that includes;
- Enhanced Portal Navigation and pages customization including dynamic layout WYSIWYG editor has been enhanced to support nested containers and Drag and Drop
- Advanced Security offers plugins to different LDAP severs. The model leverages advanced functionalities of Active Directory. Each portal, navigation tree or page can be configured with different permissions which control group visibility.
- Collaboration and Information sharing: Portal version 1.1 comes with and enhanced community concept which allow a fine priority selection on the communities. The information made available to individual users is controlled by roles, interest, and security concerns
- Web Content Accessibility that has most HTML and css rendering fulfill the WCAG 1.0 specification. This allows products built on top of eXo that will be compliant with federal regulations. This compliance is necessary for portal applications that are to be used in federal and public organizations
- Enhanced Monitoring Capabilities:it is now possible to monitor portlet, page and portal accesses. This capability is supported with enhanced charting capabilities
- Standard Based (JSR 168, WSRP, WCAG 1.0, US 508)