Discussions

News: Pulse Automated Build Server 1.0.1 Release

1. Pulse Automated Build Server 1.0.1 Release (4 messages)

Zutubi has announced the first public beta release of the pulse automated build (continuous integration) server. This release is available for immediate download at the Zutubi website where free 30 day evaluation licenses can be requested with an email address.

Pulse is a build server designed to adapt to existing environments. Configuration is simple, with a full setup wizard that allows you to configure a new install in minutes. Other feature highlights include:
    • Capture build artifacts: including HTML reports, view/download artifacts via the web interface.
    • Extract information: using built-in post processors or define your own with regular expressions.
    • SCM integration: trigger builds on change, view changes between builds, browse your repository. (SCM support is available for CVS, Perforce, and Subversion.)
    • Build notifications: via email, Jabber instant messaging and RSS.
    • Flexible scheduling: cron-like time-based schedules, SCM, manual and remote API triggering.
    • Test reporting: process test reports and integrate them as a first-class part of build results.
    • Remote API: monitor, control and extend Pulse via XML-RPC.
    • Multi platform: pulse is written in 100% Java and can run on any platform with a Java 1.5 runtime environment.
    Commercial licenses for pulse will be available in June 2006, when the beta program is complete.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. CruiseControl anyone?[ Go to top ]

What does this do that CruiseControl (free) doesn't do?

We use CruiseControl to:
    1. Check out project(s)
    2. Run JUnit tests
    3. Generate Clover reports

It emails us when something breaks.
  3. Re: CruiseControl anyone?[ Go to top ]

What does this do that CruiseControl (free) doesn't do?We use CruiseControl to:1. Check out project(s)2. Run JUnit tests3. Generate Clover reportsIt emails us when something breaks.

Pulse is certainly not the only build server on the market. Like anything, you should evaluate the available options before making a choice. Our website has a full feature tour for pulse which illustrates what its strengths are. If I were to compare to CruiseControl, I would say pulse is easier to set up, and has a much more comprehensive web interface for reporting. Don't take my word for it, though, download pulse and try it yourself!
  4. Not the only build server?[ Go to top ]

Pulse is certainly not the only build server on the market.

I'd say there are now as many of these as there are web aplication frameworks!

Well.. probably not, but getting close now!
  5. Re: CruiseControl anyone?[ Go to top ]

What does this do that CruiseControl (free) doesn't do?
    You can check this Continuous Integration Server Matrix for details: http://damagecontrol.codehaus.org/Continuous+Integration+Server+Feature+Matrix Regards, Slava Imeshev "Build with pleasure!" http://www.viewtier.com