Discussions

News: Ramnivas Laddad joins Interface21

1. Ramnivas Laddad joins Interface21 (16 messages)

During the SpringOne conference keynote Rod Johnson announced that Ramnivas Laddad will join Interface21. Ramnivas Laddad is an author, speaker, consultant, and trainer specializing in aspect-oriented programming and J2EE. Together with Adrian Colyer Interface21 now has interesting AOP experience within its Spring team. Ramnivas Laddad is an author, speaker, consultant, and trainer specializing in aspect-oriented programming and J2EE. His most recent book, "AspectJ in Action: Practical aspect-oriented programming" (Manning, 2003), has been labeled as the most useful guide to AOP/AspectJ. He has been developing complex software systems using technologies such as Java, J2EE, AspectJ, UML, networking, and XML for over a decade. Ramnivas is an active member of the AspectJ community and has been involved with aspect-oriented programming from its early form. He speaks regularly at many conferences such as JavaOne, No Fluff Just Stuff, Software Development, EclipseCon, and O'Reilly OSCON. Ramnivas lives in San Jose, California.

Threaded Messages (16)

2. So what if there is a new employee under the spring company, I don't see why this is posted as news? Seems like anything remotely related to spring just has to be mentioned.
  3. And? How exactly is this different than posts mentioning a "strategic" partner ship between BEA and someone? Or Apache giving ADF a new nickname? Or an JBoss poll? This is a java site about java news and the editors should report the facts. You didn't have to read it.
  4. you seem to be annoyed at the fact that something negative was posted on a spring news item. I hope you don't troll through all spring related threads defending it. Oh wait, you do. You don't have to read posts either, but you read mine.
  5. Ramnivas is an influential AOP speaker and author, and the second major AOP player to join Interface21 in six months or so. In light of the importance of AOP to Java, the success of professional opensource with the recent JBoss acquisition and stunning success of the Spring framework, I consider this move to be huge news. Full disclosure: Ramnivas is also a good friend. Congratulations to you, and to Interface21.
  6. That is just "people-centric marketing"... why be surprised, every open source initiative is driven by people, not anonymous people ! make sense..
  7. Definitely[ Go to top ]

This news item certainly made me stand up and take notice. Colyer and Ramnivas are big names. Their membership in Interface21 will influence future development in both AspectJ and Spring - and that's something a lot of people are going to care about.
  8. I think this is a very important strategic move after recruiting Adrian Colyer. This shows Spring's commitment to AOP and AspectJ. Furthermore, I met Mr. Laddad a few days ago in SpringOne. Despite his expert status, he is very a humble and approachable person. I'm sure the Spring community will benefit from his presence. - Yagiz Erkan -
  9. I think this is definitely newsworthy. TSS is a Java community site so it should track events both big and small in the Java community. Congrats to Ramnivas, he's an awesome, extremely intelligent guy. Floyd
  10. Congratulations to Ramnivas and Interface21! -- Damodar Periwal Software Tree, Inc., Simpify Data Integration
  11. This is bound to make interface21, a company specializing in AOP, much stronger and influential in the coming years. Congrats to them! Ramvilas Lallad is well known for his work with AspectJ.
  12. CONGRATS RAMNIVAS![ Go to top ]

Congrats to Ramnivas Laddad and Interface 21. I hope there are a lot more AOP examples added to the spring distribution to encourage users to try it. I know most use AOP indirectly by using the spring declarative tranasaction management etc., but would love to see jpetstore adding some real AOP examples. Muthu Ramadoss. http://groups.google.com/group/etoe
  13. Contributing to Spring[ Go to top ]

Muthu
    I hope there are a lot more AOP examples added to the spring distribution to encourage users to try it. I know most use AOP indirectly by using the spring declarative tranasaction management etc., but would love to see jpetstore adding some real AOP examples.
    This is a good idea and we will bear it in mind. It would be nice to demonstrate how the same aspect could be used with the Spring proxy-based model and the AspectJ compiler or load time weaver, using AspectJ annotation syntax. Ramnivas will be contributing to Spring development and we are excited about the possibilities. One area we've already discussed concerns his work on the intersection of DDD, DI and AOP. There seems to be rapidly growing interest in DDD, judging from recent conferences I've attended and community feedback, and I think this is an important direction for the industry. Rgds Rod
  14. People, people[ Go to top ]

hey, what do I need to do to get my name mentioned so prominently? I think this is really nifty! seriously, I cannot say from my everyday experience that AOP is that important a technology (never yet seen it mentioned as a required skill), and I have never heard the name of Ramnivas Laddad before. Of course, I am probably not completely up to date with regard to the AOP community. - christian
  15. Re: People, people[ Go to top ]

hey, what do I need to do to get my name mentioned so prominently? I think this is really nifty!
    I once worked for Interface21. It didn't get a news posting on TSS though. Never mind, I soon got over it ;-) hehehe.
  16. Re: People, people[ Go to top ]

hey, what do I need to do to get my name mentioned so prominently? I think this is really nifty!

seriously, I cannot say from my everyday experience that AOP is that important a technology (never yet seen it mentioned as a required skill), and I have never heard the name of Ramnivas Laddad before. Of course, I am probably not completely up to date with regard to the AOP community.

- christian
    I would say that AOP's effect will be profound. We now use Spring AOP to implement security, caching, profiling, and exception consolidation and notification. We use Spring's out of the box tranaction support. For example, just a couple of days ago, I received an email from one of our systems about an exception. I emailed a response explaining why it happened HOURS before the customer even opened a ticket.
  17. The important thing is that we know Ramnivas Laddad is an author, speaker, consultant, and trainer specializing in aspect-oriented programming and J2EE. It's so important that it's mentioned twice. :-)