Discussions

News: NetBeans: The Complete Overview

1. NetBeans: The Complete Overview (3 messages)

Known as the original free Java IDE, NetBeans is an open source project dedicated to providing solid software development that addresses the needs of developers, users and businesses. In this complete overview by NetBeans Architect Pavel Buzek, listen to how Java EE 5 simplifies development and NetBeans adds more ease of use with code completion for database mapping, wizards building complete applications from existing data, and editing annotations. NetBeans is more than just a Java IDE; extension packs offer additional features:
    • Mobile applications development
    • Visual development of web application
    • Service Oriented Architecture and Composite Applications with BPEL
    • C/C++ applications
    • Profiling
    With NetBeans 5.5 just released, learn about future plans for NetBeans. What do you think of this latest release?

Threaded Messages (3)

2. In this tech talk, sponsored by Sun Microsystems
    Does this mean joseph ottinger is leaving again ? :) http://epesh.blog-city.com/why_i_resigned_from_jdj.htm
  3. In this tech talk, sponsored by Sun Microsystems

Does this mean joseph ottinger is leaving again ? :)
    http://epesh.blog-city.com/why_i_resigned_from_jdj.htm
    No. I conducted the interview. I left JDJ because the publisher was making the magazine take a stand against BEA, without even letting me do anything about it. TSS has none of that sort of problem. I try to post what's relevant, without regard to whose news it is. At JDJ, the magazine would have taken a specific slant and pushed it, without editorial agreement or knowledge. This is nothing against Sys-Con - only how I saw it and what drove my resignation. JDJ is a decent magazine. I think TSS is better, of course, but hey...
  4. NetBeans supports BPEL[ Go to top ]

The feature that make me surprised is that NetBeans supports the standard BPEL 2.0. Both IEDA and eclipse don't support it Tutorials