Discussions

Performance and scalability: Partitioned Distributed Cache

1. Partitioned Distributed Cache (6 messages)

Hi, I am looking for a partitioned distributed caching solution. I looked around but none of the Java based disrtributed cache solutions support partitioning. Can someone help me out? Thanks, Mrigank.

Threaded Messages (6)

2. Failover mechanism[ Go to top ]

If possible, the partitioned cache should be able to provide a back up\failover mechanism if one of the partitions(server) goes down.
  3. why not use the replicated cache solution like Jboss cahe ,os cache that's based on java ?
  4. Replicated Cache Issue[ Go to top ]

The problem with replicated cache is that it leaves a small window where the other nodes do not have the data which is under replication. If I get a request on these other nodes for that data then I cannot process them. In case of a partitioned cache, each node will be responsible to process specific data from the cache. So the inconsistency window will not be present although it will definitely add to the performance.
  5. Hi,

I am looking for a partitioned distributed caching solution.
    I looked around but none of the Java based disrtributed cache solutions support partitioning.
    Tangosol Coherence. We invented partitioned caching :-) Peace, Cameron Purdy Tangosol Coherence: The Java Clustered Cache
  6. Strongly recommend Tangosol Coherence, it works very well. As far as I know there is no open source alternative.
  7. You need NCache to create a Partitioned cache. You can also create Replicated, Partitioned-Replica caches, whichever suits your need.

Try NCache for free with a totally free edition NCache Express or you may download a full-feature version to try for 2 months.