3.2 is out! And it is awesome!
The major theme of Release 3.2 is enhanced data visualisation and user interaction. We have not forgotten all the integration options you need to so yep there is more of that as well.
So what are the highlights? These include:
• KPI Dashboard Tabs
• Improved Charting
• More Flexible Analytic Functions
• Data Annotations – Wow!
• Reporting from Stored Procedures
• Freehand SQL reports – with formatting!
And a whole lot more…..
Don’t just take our word for it – Give it a test run
Check out Yellowfin 3.1 on our demonstration site now --> http://www.yellowfin.com.au/YFEvalPopup.i4
Yellowfin 3.2 Making BI even easier
We have made a huge number of changes to our charting options with some very exciting additions such as a time slider which allows you to zoom into large time series and annotations which allow you to comment on particular data points.
To our dashboard we have introduced the KPI tab style – this allows you to scan a large set of metrics and determine their current status.
For the analytically inclined we have introduced a large range of statistical functions such as regression and moving averages, and since these functions can be customised you have even greater power at your finger tips.
Additional Filter options mean that you can really tailor user parameters to assist your users get the most out of their reports.
Then lets not forget the AJAX – we have added a touch more – remembering that you can go overboard with a good thing we keep implementing it where it makes sense.
Just because Yellowfin is easy to use does not mean you have to forego the functionality you require. So we say thankyou to all those people that provided us with valuable feedback, suggestions and support for this release.
As part of the Beacon program all clients and partners will be given the opportunity to influence the next release cycle. Release 3.3 is scheduled for release in December 2007
For information on how to participate please see the Beacon program for more details.
Till next time.
The Yellowfin team!
Yellowfin Business Intelligence 3.2 Release Notes
Changes between Yellowfin 3.2 and the previous major release 3.1.
Administration & Generic UI
* Exception handling - Whenever we get an exception in Yellowfin, it automatically logs out the user. There should be a way to just show the exception or error message and then allow the user to get back to his default dashboard page.
* Bulk User Import - Have a facility to import and export bulk users into Yellowfin
* Report List UI - Update to the report list design – expand width to the default dashboard width. Inclusion of a drag to resize the list box.
* Report Field List UI - Allow users to resize the report field list if fields are to wide and cannot be read within the default space.
* Default Colours Set default chart colours for the site.
* Alerts Line For charts with alerts - if the alert column is being charted then include a line across that chart to indicate the break points. I think I saw this in the doco or demonstration charts.
* Format Upgrade Major upgrade to the chart formatter. Inclusion of many additional format options.
* Two Y axis for charts Include 2 y axis to allow measures on different scales
* Time Series Cross Tab Time Series Cross Tab
* Slider Charts for history Allows a user to zoom in on selected time series data and view in more detail.
Reporting & Dashboard
* KPI Page More advanced KPI reporting - set the KPI all on the one page - new type of dash tab
* Forecasting - Trend Analysis Implementation of improved analytical functions – includes trend analysis algorithms.
* Dashboard Tab Auto Publish Have a Auto publish process for tabs - based on a new user, or a new tab being created, or a new user being added to a group
* Meta Data Link Have a link to access the report metadata from a dashboard portlett - like from the list page.
* Format Co-Display Have format options for each co-display report - ie remove title and description
* Filter Print Location Choose the location for the printing of the filter reports
* Cell Note Let a user make a comment on a specific cell - similar to excel - only if data is saved in XML
* Export Reports Addition of Export as TXT option, improvements to word and excel export processes.
* Hyperlink in Report Lets a user include links as text onto a report
* SQL Formatting The Report SQL needs to have functions able to be applied to SQL Queries and Stored Procedures ( such as Percentages etc) same as results from View Builder
* Table - Horizontal Bar Format Create a format that allows you to have a horizontal bar within a table based on the % of maximum value for results returned in the column.
* Command Line Data Source Creation Have a command line process for importing source parameters into Yellowfin via a properties file
* Command Line Importer Have a command line process for importing xml into a client site
* Spring Support Allows integration into an application using the Spring framework
* Source Filter Service Have a source filter service that allows updates of the filter table instead of an SQL process that is run by Yellowfin
* DB Reset A script to reset the DB to its original state – used for application development and integration.
* Role Generation SQL SQL to create and manage roles externally
* Error Page - Support Support email link - make it configurable so that it goes to an OEM organisation
* Import/Export Automated Update of Definitions - Batch Process to minimise need for dial ins by our Support staff on new releases or updates
* Get Raw data Get raw data from Web Service API
* Web Service Errors Web service errors are more specific
Source & View
* Lotus notes Connection Fixes to connection issues
* SQL View Generator If a user chooses SQL to author a report allow them to generate a view - so that they can format the report using the standard format options. INLINE view
* Stored Procedures Ability to show Stored Procedures which you have access to in the SQL window (not just tables and views) in the Report Builder Screen.
* View Sub Cat Would like to have Sub Categories in Views to assist with view selection and management processes.
* Source Filter Refresh Update source filter for new user
* Sysdate condition Add a sysdate condition option to tables within the view builder to allow a view to be limited by a ‘moving’ date parameter.
* Database / Platform Support
* FoxPro Support for FoxPro
* Ingres Support for Ingres
* 64 Bit Support Upgrade to Apache 5.5