Apache Directory releases: LDAP Server 1.5, Studio 1.0 toolset

Discussions

News: Apache Directory releases: LDAP Server 1.5, Studio 1.0 toolset

1. Apache has announced the release of Apache Directory Server 1.5.1, and Apache Directory Studio 1.0, a toolset for use with any LDAP solution but with special integrations with Apache Directory Server. Directory Server 1.5.1 is an implementation of LDAP v3, and is primarily a bug fix release; Studio offers a number of editors for LDAP directories. Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory tooling platform intended to be used with any LDAP server and has additional integration with Apache Directory Server, which is a 100% Java LDAP server that is certified as LDAPv3 compliant by the Open Group. Developed as a sub-project of the Apache Directory Top Level Project, Apache Directory Studio is an Eclipse RCP application that takes full advantage of the benefits inherent in the Eclipse platform. Composed of several Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, Apache Directory Studio can be easily upgraded with additional plugins. Apache Directory Studio plugins may also be installed within an existing Eclipse installation. Features include:
    • LDAP directory browser and editor
    • LDAP schema editor for Apache Directory Server and OpenLDAP schemas
    • Advanced editors for binary data such as jpegPhoto
    • Connection management
    • LDIF editor with code completion and templates
    • Bookmarks for entries
    • Stored searches
    • Batch operations
    In addition to downloads for Apache Directory Studio and Apache Directory Server, there is also a Windows installer for Apache Directory Suite which includes a pre-configured instance of Apache Directory Server with an example partition and data, and an installation of Apache Directory Studio that is pre-configured to browse the example directory. With this installation you can install and have a running LDAP server and Client GUI in less than 2 minutes (existing Java JRE 1.5 or greater required).

Threaded Messages (4)

2. Congratulations[ Go to top ]

Congratulations to the Apache DS team. Its a great project and its nice to see the latest release. Paul
  3. Apache Directory Studio is the best LDAP browser I've used yet. I've been using it for a few months now and have been extremely pleased with it. Congrats on the 1.0 release.
  4. Apache Directory Studio is the best LDAP browser I've used yet. I've been using it for a few months now and have been extremely pleased with it. Congrats on the 1.0 release.
  5. I am very impressed by Directory Server and Studio. The latter is a showcase for what great GUI applications you can build on Eclipse RCP. Lets hope Server and Studio get the user base they deserve.