Christian Catchpole - a real name - has discovered that Java's gone all religious: a hex editor has betrayed the existence of Jesus on the cross in String.class. One wonders if this is, indeed, a miracle. One also wonders if it was actually meant to be an image of a grilled cheese sandwich, or possibly Tom Cruise. As a Jew, I find this irrepressably creepy. Plus it makes me want a grilled cheese sandwich.
- Posted by: Joseph Ottinger
- Posted on: April 01 2008 04:14 EDT
- Who is 'Jesus' ? by Eldrid Rensburg on April 01 2008 05:44 EDT
- Resurrected Class by Eldrid Rensburg on April 01 2008 10:48 EDT
- April fool's hoax by David Rabinowitz on April 01 2008 15:14 EDT
- Re: Move over, 0xCAFEBABE and 0xDEADBEEF... Jesus is here by Todd Murray on April 04 2008 16:48 EDT
Who is 'Jesus' ?
I spotted this ages ago, but no one believed me.
This is enough reason for a Resurrected Class to be added to the JDK 7 spec.
See in the new comments. Also, having the ODOA in the end of each line gives a nice clue it came from a text editor