trouble with JSF

Discussions

General J2EE: trouble with JSF

1. trouble with JSF (2 messages)

Hi, I'm quite new to J2EE/JSF. I'm writing an application using JSF/MyFaces and Richfaces technologies. The application is running well. However, i've noticed w wierd behavior I can't solve. In the application, when a user successfully connects, he gets access to some features of the application related to his role, read from a database. When a user X connects from a given browser, his profile gets updated/modifier if another user connect Y connects from another workstation. The session for user X is replaced by the last connected user Y, without even a re-login. Any help will much be appreciated. Regards

Threaded Messages (2)

2. Re: trouble with JSF[ Go to top ]

Well if I'm an expert then we are in serious trouble!! But, it sounds to me like you have some bean defined as application scope vs session. Another possibility is some java component defined as static; this one is a bit more dubious, but it is something to look for if the application scope thing doesn't pan out.
  3. Re: trouble with JSF[ Go to top ]

Well if I'm an expert then we are in serious trouble!!

But, it sounds to me like you have some bean defined as application scope vs session. Another possibility is some java component defined as static; this one is a bit more dubious, but it is something to look for if the application scope thing doesn't pan out.
    Thanks Terry, for your feedback. Unfortunately, none of the above apply. Indeed, the scope are all session and/or request. And all the component are not static. i'm deploying into the IBM WASCE (Websphere Application Server Community Edition). One of the thing I'm trying is to deploy using another JEE server, namely the JBoss, to see if the issue is not linked to some config of the WASCE. Will keep you posted Regards