Discussions

News: NetBeans IDE 6.9 Release Candidate is Stable Enough to Ship

1. NetBeans 6.9 will be shipped soon. And TheServerSide.com will be running a whole whack of tutorials that will step you through everything from configuring a Spring application with NetBeans, to creating JSF 2.0 front ends. In the time being, check out the results of the NetBeans 6.9 IDE acceptance survey:

Results from NetBeans IDE 6.9 Community Acceptance survey

2. NetBeans 6.9 will be shipped soon. And TheServerSide.com will be running a whole whack of tutorials that will step you through everything from configuring a Spring application with NetBeans, to creating JSF 2.0 front ends. In the time being, check out the results of the NetBeans 6.9 IDE acceptance survey:

Results from NetBeans IDE 6.9 Community Acceptance survey

Congratulations, furthermore I'm  very concerned about the tutorials, great initiative!

3. JWebPane was initially mentionned as a possible roadmap item, but AFAIK it's not included into the final release.

As I wrote before, SUN has lost a huge opportunity while not leveraging JWebPane.

(replace now 'SUN' with 'Oracle').

Dominique
    http://www.jroller.com/dmdevito

4. Java -> Javascript[ Go to top ]

Hi Dominique:

Thanks for the good write-ups over the past year on JWebPane and GWT's possibilities. Thoughtful and deep pieces.

It seems to me that Appcelerator got it right: Javascript as the language, HTML5 as the canvas, and all those Ajax technologies (JQuery, Extjs) have become the replacement for anything in the past to build client applications. Pitty that its Javascript and not Java. I would have much preferred to use Java once and deploy to all those target platforms: WinXP, Vista, Win7, Mac, Linux, Solaris, iPad, iPhone, Android, etc.

Oh well.

-Frank Cohen

5. Is TSS becoming the new Spring home? There is more about this release then just Spring support. OSGi, the Netbeans Platform, The excellent Maven support, Java Card support, JEE 6 support... Just to name JAVA like features.