In this article by Nirupa Katare, we look at how easy it is to integrate Ehcache with your Spring-based applications. If you're interesting in finding out what's involved in getting Spring and Ehcache to work in your applications, just give this tutorial a read:
- Posted by: Cameron McKenzie
- Posted on: September 20 2011 12:34 EDT
- Really Old Version Of Ehcache? by steve harris on September 20 2011 16:02 EDT
- Spring Ehcache integration: second-level caching in Hibernate by Cédrik LIME on September 22 2011 05:48 EDT
- Spring Ehcache integration: second-level caching in Hibernate by Cédrik LIME on September 22 2011 05:50 EDT
Wonder why this article uses a version of Ehcache that is at least 3 years old? Ehcache http://www.ehcache.org is on 2.4.4
Otherwise nice article...
and no mention of the fact that an L2 cache is part of JPA2 either. Would have thought that if writing a tutorial in 2011 it would use software that is used in 2011 ...
A cache is only interesting if it is efficient (high-enough hit rate %).
To monitor the performance of your L2 cache, there is nothing better than the Ehcache and / or Hibernate plugin of MessAdmin!
Damned missing preview feature, the URL of my previous post is all wrong!