2.6 is a big and important milestone, packed with lots of important new features and improvements.
Here's just a glimpse of important new features and changes in this version:
- Download debugging - solve artifact resolution issues by getting detailed explain plan of the download request handling in your browser.
- Latest Maven snapshot download - it is now possible to download the latest version of a Maven snapshot via a simple non-unique snapshot URL. (Pro)
- Latest version REST - Artifactory can return the latest release or integration version of an artifact for any repository layout. (Pro)
- Artifact versions REST - get all the release and/or integration versions of an artifact for any repository layout. (Pro)
- Improved replication - replication was optimized in terms of speed and overall resource consumption. Replication now uses streaming and duplicate target checksum elimination (Pro)
- Auto offline for remote repositories - a remote repository will now be auto put into temporal offline when encountering retrieval errors.
- Before/After Build callbacks - tend to build publishing events in user plugins, including the ability to modify the build info object (e.g. add new artifacts). (Pro)
- Cron-based artifact cleanup - auto artifact cleanup can now be triggered by cron instead of using a time interval.
- Custom artifact promotion - it is now possible to code custom artifact promotion logic, including interacting with builds, directly in user plugins. Promotion logic can be executed via REST or via CI integration. (Pro)
- AfterDownloadError callback - tend to download errors in user plugins. (Pro)
- Secure plugin executions - REST execution points in user plugins can be secured by specifying allowed users and/or groups. (Pro)
- Per repository archive browsing - ability to turn on archive browsing for selected trusted repositories.
- Many bug fixes and improvements
For a complete list of resolved issues please see the JIRA release notes.
Instructions for upgrading to 2.6.0 from previous versions can be found here.
The Artifactory Team