AspectWerkz with Spring dependency injected aspects.

Discussions

News: AspectWerkz with Spring dependency injected aspects.

1. Aspect Oriented Programming and Dependency Injection are two very powerful frameworks that would help in eliminating cross-cutting concerns and providing a way of injecting dependencies at run-time. Two most powerful frameworks for Java, by which we can achieve these, are Aspectwerkz and Spring.

Spring framework comes with the AOP support. But you may want to use Aspectwerkz instead of Spring AOP for various reasons like prior experience with Aspectwerkz, trying to use Spring with a project that is already using Aspectwerkz, etc...

You will be able to solve your problem by extending the Aspect Container of AspectWerkz. Click here read more about integrating aspectwerkz with spring and download sample code.

2. The old code from 2005 exists of course. But the development was stopped for many years.

Look at the web site of this genious:

"In-spite my busy schedule delivering world-class products"

I guess your products are "world-class" because you can "hello World" only.

Hey dude, you should go to school first. then to uni. then you can publish here smth.

3. The old code from 2005 exists of course. But the development was stopped for many years.

Look at the web site of this genious:

"In-spite my busy schedule delivering world-class products"

I guess your products are "world-class" because you can "hello World" only.

Hey dude, you should go to school first. then to uni. then you can publish here smth.

Thanks for this comment. It saved me a few minutes to know that AspectWerkz is junk.

4. AspektWerkz was not junk. Not at all. In 2003-2004 it was different from AspectJ, easier and simpler. Namely that's why it was partially merged into AspectJ in 2005. And as of that time if was not any more developed.

But the guy who started this topic is a INEXPERIENCED BEGINNER. He doesn't have any idea about what he is writing about. His purpose is just to collect some articles and post them on as many blogs as possible, then refer them as his own work, and so get better job or better wages.

In India it seems to be the usual way show the demonstrate the "skills". When you next time consider outsourcing to India, and consider the CVs of "world-class" developers, remeber THIS example.

I would ask a couple of questions and fire such a "developer" and would not make any business with a company, where such "developers" work.

5. Dear Marcus Bauer,

First of thanks for your open opinion. I understand your frustration on the article, but the intention was to help people who are "already" using aspectwerkz to start using Spring.

Clearly I have mentioned this in the article: "But you may want to use Aspectwerkz instead of Spring AOP for various reasons like prior experience with Aspectwerkz, trying to use Spring with a project that is already using Aspectwerkz, etc... No matter whatever the reason, this article tries to solve your problem of integrating Aspectwerkz with Spring."

6. There is no frustration. Vice versa. It makes some fun to see that in IT there are too a lot people who tell bullshit and have no idea what they are talking about.

There are no people, 'who are "already" using aspectwerkz'. Most projects that used ApsktWerkz until 2005 migrated to AspectJ in 2006 and 2007, the others just stopped using ApsktWerkz. Nobody migrated ApsktWerkz to Spring AOP - if you knew Spring a little bit, you would understand why that was not an option.

You say "But you may want to use Aspectwerkz instead of Spring AOP for various reasons". This is bullshit. Nobody wants it. Never ever. This is the same as if you would say "you may want to use MS-DOS instead of Windows 7" or "MS-DOS instead of OS X Mountain Lion", you name it.

You don't understand what you are talking about. You have just found an old forum from 2006 where some inexperienced developers were not sure what they should to do with old code where AspektWerkz was used. The were inexperienced and believed that AspectJ would be too complicated and would be overkill. They noticed some similarities with Spring AOP and believed that was the way. They, as well as you, had no idea what the Spring is.

"this article tries to solve your problem of integrating Aspectwerkz with Spring" - there is no such problem. There are no people who would want it. Again you have read a very old forum from 2005-2006. Which shows that you have no idea ybout what you are talking about.

Even in your answer from August 30 you don't understand what you say. First you write "the intention was to help people who are "already" using aspectwerkz to start using Spring". Then you wite "you may want to use Aspectwerkz instead of Spring AOP". You contradict yourself. You don't understand what you want: to move from AspektWerkz to Spring AOP? Or vice versa, to move from Spring AOP to ApsektWerkz?

You contradict yourself in such a small text. That is really funny.

First I thought this post has been created by a bot, which generates texts. It happens time to time that some magazines or web sites publish a bullshit generated by apps. Some students still send such textxs to show the poor review quality in some magazines or send just for fun. You seem to be a real person however. And this makes much more fun because you seriously try to convince that this bullshit have some sense.

Go on. Write more articles. Here are some hot topics:
    - How to migrate 64-bit applications to 16-bit
    - For real gurus: How to migrate 64-bit to 8-bit
    - How to migrate from Java 7 to Java 1
    - How to migrate from .NET to C
    - How to move from Amazon EC2 to PC 286SX or even to ENIAC

You will be famous even if you write on one of these topics. Go on.

7. I now see what you are trying to convey, and I accept that there are some faults from my side.

But I would like to state that my intentions were pure to help whoever might find the article useful.

It really didn't strike me that "every developer in the world" might be using other AOP frameworks instead of AspectWerkz like you have mentioned. Anyways, thanks for the pointing out this to me and I will make sure to post more valid articles in future.

Peace!

8. Not true![ Go to top ]

"my intentions were pure to help whoever might find the article useful" - that is not true. unfortunately. NOBODY can find this article useful.

your only intention was just to publish some stuff somewhere and then use it as a REFERENCE in your CV, blog,web site, book etc. you are not only one who publishes a USELESS stuff. But SO USELESS I have not seen yeet. One should name it a TECHNICAL SPAM.

May be other sites like Slide Share ;-)  tolerate such SPAM. It's their problem. But on THIS site some minimal quality is supposed.

To come to the piece you might want to remove any references to the theserverside.com from your personal web site, blog, including statements that this site is your partner, remove TSS logos, etc. Don't mention this site anywhere, and not so many of your friends, colleagues, employers, customers will know, that you can write such unprofessional, such rediculous stuff, SUCH SPAM.

9. Wrong example dude! For the rest, I agree with you :P