Discussions

News: JavaOne 2012 Videos Now on YouTube

1. JavaOne 2012 Videos Now on YouTube (4 messages)

Many folks have consistently said that viewing JavaOne videos on the Content Management Tool used by Oracle is not ideal. You will be happy to know that the JavaOne San Francisco 2012 videos are now on YouTube via the Oracle Learning Portal (OLP). The videos are 100% free for anyone to view.

Besides the OLP Landing Page on YouTube, the videos are organized by the JavaOne 2012 Technical Tracks on the following links:

It's really an invaluable set of materials from some of the greatest thought leaders in the Java world. Enjoy!

Reza Rahman | Java EE/GlassFish Evangelist
    All views voiced are my own, not necessarily Oracle's.

Threaded Messages (4)

2. JavaOne 2012 Videos Now on YouTube[ Go to top ]

Thx. Some of us just cannot make conferences. Better later than never. :)

3. JavaOne 2012 Videos Now on YouTube[ Go to top ]

Thanks, that makes it much easier to find, view and bookmark the videos. An important thing is missing though - the names of the speakers. The original site (https://oracleus.activeevents.com/connect/search.ww?event=javaone) provides that information, with a link to speaker details.

Worryingly, every one of the videos posted on YouTube has an Oracle copyright statement: 

"Copyright © 2013 Oracle and/or its affiliates. Oracle® is a registered trademark of Oracle and/or its affiliates. All rights reserved. Oracle disclaims any warranties or representations as to the accuracy or completeness of this recording, demonstration, and/or written materials (the "Materials"). The Materials are provided "as is" without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement."

That can't be right (and doesn't appear on the pages at the oracleus.activeevents.com site). I hope you will be able to remove it.

For JavaOne 2013, and other Oracle conferences, I hope the videos will include video of the presenters. Video of the screen content accompanied by audio of the speaker is strange and impersonal.

regards

Justin

4. JavaOne 2012 Videos Now on YouTube[ Go to top ]

I will pass on the feedback and keep my fingers crossed :-).
  5. Thank you, Reza. I'm still working my way through the presentations, watching the ones relevant to my current work. There is a lot of great stuff there.