Top 21 Java based Content Management Systems

Discussions

News: Top 21 Java based Content Management Systems

1. Top 21 Java based Content Management Systems (2 messages)

CMS, or content management systems, are platforms for managing and administering website content. There is no denying that CMSes are important in today's web ecosystem. These content management systems not only provide an easy way to build and maintain websites, but they also lend a helping hand in updating and editing website content without the need to spend hours or days writing and altering codes and scripts.

Some of the leading CMSes are PHP-based, Ruby on Rails-based, ASP.NET-based, and Java-based. Among these, due to scalability, modernized architecture and open-source standards of a few, Java-based CMSs are getting quite a lot of attention lately, especially for enterprise websites, because of the scalable, modern, open source technology behind most of them.   

There are plenty of CMS tools based on Java to help developers create multi-lingual and multi-channel websites. But how do we decide on the best one for our use case?

Full article here - http://java.dzone.com/articles/top-21-java-based-content 

2. I find such articles pointless. If the author can't make up his mind to narrow the list down to, say, 5 at the most, I suspect he doesn't know much about the subject, especially as there's only a short paragraph of commentary about each one, apparently taken straight from promo material.

3. Order is not relevant[ Go to top ]

Bad article that is mixing different kind of CMS with different prices, different features, different licence.

You can't compare Alfresco and put it n°1 whenever is not as mature as other ones that support OSGi, MSM or clusturing.

Alfresco is opensource and highly use this denomination as a buzzword to promote itself. It reminds me MySQL that was not such a good RDBMS but was in every mouth