Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today (link). It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra). The final results will be included in a benchmark report. Thumbtack consulted with Couchbase, MongoDB and DataStax to ensure the databases were configured for optimal performance based on both the workload and the hardware. The result? Couchbase Server outperformed MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise in both read intensive workloads and balanced workloads.
Read Intensive Workload
- Couchbase Server, 6.5x the throughput of MongoDB.
- Couchbase Server, 7.5x the throughput of DataStax Enterprise.
- MongoDB, 2x the read latency of Couchbase Server.
Couchbase Server, 7.6x the throughput of MongoDB.
- Couchbase Server, 2.7x the throughput of DataStax Enterprise.
- MongoDB, 3x the write latency of Couchbase Server.
- DataStax Enterprise, 3.1x the read latency of Couchbase Server.
Read more about the tests, the results and the explanation here.