If you’re interested in learning how to use git submodules, this tutorial will take you through all of the key points you need to know to be competent with the subject.
Git submodules tutorials
If you want to learn how to “git submodule,” here are the key steps you need to master:
- How to create submodules locally with the basic Git commands.
- How to submodule GitHub or GitLab repositories hosted remotely.
- How to clone a git submodule with init and update commands.
- How to update git submodules and get the latest submodule commits and code changes.
- How to remove a git submodule.
With knowledge of these fundamental concepts, you’ll know how to use git submodules.