I have been attending interviews on weblogic . Though I have worked only on 5.1 , the most common question I come across is " What is the difference in between weblogic & websphere?"
can anyone help?
Here are some differences (my opinions):
- WebLogic is easier to setup "out-of-the-box"
- WebLogic is way ahead in implementing latest specifications
- WebSphere is available for more platforms than WebLogic (e.g. IBM mainframes)
- WebSphere has all IBMs product stack to back it up
- WebSphere has more integrated IDEs
- WebLogic has a bigger community (more support)
I have to state that I don't have real application development experience with WebSphere, except for WebSphere installation and running some sample application.
WebSphere in the last two versione (4.0 and 5.0) is fully compliant with J2EE standards.
WebSphere 4 in J2EE 1.2 and WebSphere 5 in J2EE 1.3 compliant.
WebSphere (in tha advanced versione) have a console application that allow you to manage a WebSphere domain (clustering of nodes).
Websphere doesn't scale