Utility to manage .properties files in .ear file?

Discussions

General J2EE: Utility to manage .properties files in .ear file?

1. Hello,

Does anybody know a utility to manage .properties files. I mean I have a lot of that files (25 - 40) inner my .ear file. Usually I use this properties to configure JNDI context, SQL sentences, etc in my application, and I want to manage this using some utility (maybe swing) that could open my files, look for .properties and show the the values with the posibility to change. Does that exist? or Maybe I could do a new develpment based in a something created?

any ideas will be welcome

Thanks in advance
      Mauricio
  2. Hello,

>
    > Does anybody know a utility to manage .properties files. I mean I have a lot of that files (25 - 40) inner my .ear file. Usually I use this properties to configure JNDI context, SQL sentences, etc in my application, and I want to manage this using some utility (maybe swing) that could open my files, look for .properties and show the the values with the posibility to change. Does that exist? or Maybe I could do a new develpment based in a something created?
    >
    > any ideas will be welcome
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >   Mauricio

We use JMX to expose the configuration information and we had developed a web based web based GUI to change the configuration files dynamically at run time. The configuration files are packaged as jar file inside the ear file. However when u make changes, the changes will be persisted as file in the file system. Hope this helps