This post will discuss a technique to reduce the burden garbage collection pauses put on the latency of your application. There are applications out there which have gotten rid of the constly Full GC events. Getting rid of major GC events is truly a complex exercise, but reducing the frequency of those long pauses is something every deployment can achieve.
Read about our favorite continuous delivery tools which help manage the development cycle.
Here's a quick look at some of the insights TheServerSide has gathered by the flock of Java professionals who attended JavaOne 2015.
Throughput and Response Time by speed category. These are key metrics that everyone can easily grab and chart. The benefit is that these basic metrics tell you a lot about your app performance and behavior. Check out my sample from a Hybris eCommerce installation. Its simply and easy
In this post we have created a concise, simple enough for beginers, tutorial, that explains the whole process of creating a simple web app, including the frontend, the backend, and most importantly, the ways that someone can use to interact with both of them. What we want to achieve by this post here, is to guide through the whole process of creating a complete “toy” web application.
Apple’s new iOS8 is being hailed as one of the most significant operating system releases ever as it comes with even more applications and features than any other Apple operating system to date. That being said, this new release means testers and QA managers need to be on their A game when it comes to testing mobile applications. To help you we have compiled a list of suggestions about testing...
It's not too often you see a giant hook come out and rip a performer off the stage. Brian Geotz certainly wasn't deserving of it.
One of the basic needs in fluent interface is connecting to user types. What field, method or operation does this fluent interface try to refer? JaQue project provides an elegant solution.
The genesis of this series is the identification of a gap between how development and how operations view technology and measure their success – realizing it is wholly possible for development and operations to be individually successful, but for the organization to fail. This article starts a two-part installment that reviews the operational impact of specific decisions made when building a...
Lambda expressions pose a slightly different challenge when unit testing code. Because they don’t have a name, it’s impossible to directly call them in your test code. This article covers a couple of testing strategies for when you want to use lambda expressions and the streams API.
Inspired from a heated discussion at one of our clients and somewhat related to our last post about test transactionality is the consideration about whether one can and should test the basic object relational mapping at all.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Addressing security concerns and evolving beyond Spring with Java EE 8 (05 Nov 2014) The Spring framework created a situation where the Java EE platform had plenty of catching up to...
- JSF best practices for optimizing mobile application performance (04 Nov 2014) More and more applications are being built using the JSF frameworks, but traditional development...
- Incorporating Google Maps to the Java desktop (28 Oct 2014) Rob Terpilowski discusses how he and his architect team brought Google Maps to the Java desktop in...
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) In this video, Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...
- Video: NetScout discusses new UPM platform (10 Nov 2014) At JavaOne 2014, NetScout VP and architect discuss Unified Performance Management platform in this...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.