Puppet, a popular configuration management tool, is used by many IT companies to help facilitate and automate the setup of environments. This is a hands on guide for how to quickly install Puppet a MySQL instance in just a couple of minutes using an open source Java-based framework, Cloudify.
JAXenter speaks to Greg Luck about the progress of JCache, transactions in the in-memory data grid, and Hazelcast plans for the year ahead.
In this article we will be taking a look at the 5 most used tools that we use at IDR Solutions and how it can help Java Developers write better code.
Today we’re going to take a look at some of the best online resources or websites that every Java developer should “Bookmark”.
Launches Artifactory with HA Capabilities to Solve DevOps Redundancy Pains
In recent years there has been a steady increase in companies moving infrastructure out of racks and into the cloud. As a result, no longer can you go into a room, see all your servers, manually hook up and make sure that they are all running as expected…those days are gone. As we all know, the health of your infrastructure or app can have an effect on the other. Even with that known, though,...
Comsat offers an actor-based API for web application programming.
Azul Systems CEO Scott Sellers explains why they think their new tool is a worthy match for Oracle offerings.
One of the great features that Asciidoctor offers us as a writers of manuals, tutorials and documentation in general is that allows us to follow the DRY pattern. If for example you are writing a tutorial, probably you will have one part of the tutorial which will be the documentation, and another part which will be source code with examples. Asciidoctor allows us to write the documentation and...
What if virtual machines could dream and relive past experiences as a means to train their own internal adaptive mechanisms or to allow software performance engineers to observe and understand dynamic behavior as it would appear in reality?
Building your RESTful Java web apps with templates simplifies your code and allows it to be re-themed without code change. This example creates an app using Twitter's Bootstrap front-end framework for it’s theme.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- PaaS isn't just for DevOps anymore. Nor has it ever been. (21 Jan 2014) Somehow Platform as a Service (PaaS) has been pigeonholed as an arm of bleeding edge DevOps teams....
- There is more to PaaS than just application deployment and management (21 Jan 2014) There is no doubt that various PaaS plays and cloud computing platforms have greatly simplified...
- People and process trump tools when it comes to improving software quality (11 Jan 2014) There are a variety of new tools emerging on the market, but if your organization is working to...
- 2014 Java middleware predictions cite cloud, data and more (02 Jan 2014) Expert Steve Millidge makes predictions for Java middleware in 2014.
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Better software testing and improved quality starts with the culture (03 Jan 2014) Software testing is more than just a stage in the development process. Testing is a philosophy that...
- Can Java and JSF on the server-side make mobile on the front end easier? (05 Jan 2014) While many software developers are learning new programming languages to deliver native mobile...
- Scala? Groovy? Why Java is the right programming language for 2014 and beyond (01 Jan 2014) New programming languages offer a variety of benefits, from the way they handle big data, to the...
- YARN and MapReduce 2.0 elevates big data Hadoop and scheduled processing (03 Jan 2014) YARN represents the biggest architectural change in Hadoop since it's inception over seven years...
- Hewlett-Packard Company
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.