There is a lot more to testing than just finding bugs. Today’s testers are part detective, part forensic analyst, and part social scientist. When building a testing strategy you need to examine a pile of data, develop an understanding of how real users behave, and use that information to create test scenarios that push those limits. This is especially important when creating a strategy to test...
In this article we take a look at improving your Java Code and focuses on the 9 tools that can help with Java Performance Tuning.
Java 8 ready, JDO/JPA persistence to the widest range of datastores of any provider
Now, the Apple Worldwide Developers Conference (WWDC) 2014 isn’t usually something we’d touch on here at JAXenter, what with its focus on iOS flavoured-topics and all. But CEO Tim Cook’s surprise reveal of Apple’s new Swift language, to a rapturous reception, had our JVM senses a-tingling. Why? Well, for a start, there are some aspects of this new programming tool that those on the J-side may...
So you are new to the mobile performance testing world. Maybe this is your first job as a tester and you have been tasked with the project of setting up the test framework for a mobile application. Read on to learn the basics of mobile performance testing: http://www.neotys.com/blog/beginners-guide-to-mobile-performance-testing/
OpenXava is an Java Framework for Rapid Development of Enterprise Web Applications. In OpenXava you only have to write the domain classes in plain Java to get a web application ready for production. This 5.0 release has a new look & feel, includes module navigation, user login/logout (so you do not need Liferay anymore), inline editable collections (just like a spreadsheet), a new editor to...
We have now seen thousands of leaks and possibly tens of thousands of OutOfMemoryErrors over the years. For greater good, we have categorized all of them, equipped the materials with thorough explanation about the situation you face with particular error, given examples and guidelines about the possible fixes.
From the makers of JProfiler, perfino is a new APM tool for monitoring JVM with cross-over functionality for profiling.
ZeroTurnaround has a peculiar love affair with Java surveys. I have a feeling that a little ringtone goes off on every ZeroTurnaround employee’s phone each time a survey is submitted, producing a euphoric serotonin rush akin to what a teenage girl experiences every time her iPhone vibrates. But they also tend to get some neat results, one of which that I found particularly interesting was the...
Remember when people just started getting on board with REST? For years it's arguably been the standard way to go, yet these days more developers are talking about use HATEOAS (Hypermedia as the Engine of Application State) concepts as the way to make delivering proper REST APIs easier...
An overview of the newest most innovative tools around for Java developers
The Logentries research team looked across more than 25,000 log management and analytics users, tracking more than 200,000 shared patterns, and identified the top five areas that are most frequently analyzed for performance-related issues. Through the sampling and anonymized analysis of common behaviors and trends across this global community, Logentries is providing its community of users with...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- Template based web design with JSF Facelets: ui:insert versus ui:include (20 Jul 2014) When creating a web page template with JSF, a developer needs to know the difference between...
- Turning a web page into a JSF 2.0 template with Facelets (19 Jul 2014) How do you take a web page and turn it into a template using Facelets as the template engine? It...
- An introduction to template building with Facelets, CSS, HTML and JSF 2.2 (19 Jul 2014) Facelets is a great technology for creating templates for websites and then adding dynamic...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
- Open source support gives older software a fighting chance (27 Jun 2014) The Eclipse Foundation's Wayne Beaton discusses open source support for established software.
- 15 Jul 2014
- Dan Sullivan - author and systems architect
- Tom Nolle - president CIMI Corp.
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.