It’s time for a developer workspace cloud that you control. For free.
A case study that shows how to prevent cluster disconnects and data loss when operating the ELK Stack on Amazon Web Services. What tips would you add?
In this post we'll take Spring Boot's idea of executable jars to its natural conclusion: fusing your Spring Boot application together with a JVM and a kernel into a immutable bootable app that can be run unchanged on both VirtualBox and EC2.
What are Java micro frameworks and why should you use them?
Here is a list of criteria I apply to software projects submitted for the Software Quality Award; they can be applied equally to any other projects
A step by step tutorial, showing you how to convert your existing Java Ant project to Maven.
We are still in the early stages of IoT, so not a lot is known about the behavioral and performance characteristics of large-scale IoT systems. However, there are a few things we do know. When it comes to IoT, it’s a pretty safe bet that performance engineers will want to pay particular attention to the following areas...
Can you actually develop a highly complex cloud tool with a cloud development tool?
What happened at Google I/O? Well, it's a developer centric conference, so why not send one of the industry's most respected developers to report on the happenings? From radar replacing the keyboard and mouse, to new cloud based offerings for your Android programs, there's lots to love at Google I/O 2015.
The first in a series of articles looking at the microbenchmarking of Apache Spark.
The very attempt to estimate a software project has fundamental flaws and can't be done right; instead, we should estimate different parameters.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- OpenStack develops its own static code analysis tool for Python (18 Jun 2015) For OpenStack, necessity proved to be the mother of invention, leading to development of a static...
- When loose coupling and SOA style software layering doesn't make sense (15 Jun 2015) Loose coupling and adding in SOA style layers don't make sense unless an application is going to be...
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- OpenShift set to revolutionize PaaS platforms (26 Jun 2015) OpenShift not only revolutionizes PaaS platforms, it embraces DevOps by creating tools and...
- Red Hat engineer talks system optimization, containers (24 Jun 2015) In this podcast, a principal software engineer at Red Hat talks about important industry trends,...
- Red Hat announces support for the Open Container Project (23 Jun 2015) Red Hat joins other vendors to support the Open Container Project, not a surprise.
- Red Hat preview: App performance with container-based systems (23 Jun 2015) As the 2015 Red Hat Summit takes place, attendees are dealing with the fact that container-based...