MongoDB maven Dwight Merriman says the Agile movement played a hand in the development of MongoDB. Dynamic schema are part of the progran...
Small configuration tweaks can have a huge impact on your logging throughput
As we all know, Angular and D3 frameworks are very popular, and once they work together they can be very powerful and helpful when creating dashboards. But, they can also be challenging and confusing especially when new to these frameworks. The right way to incorporate D3 with Angular is to use custom directives. Directives in Angular are essentially functions that are executed on a DOM element....
Hierarchical exception handling and static exception checking are among the most significant features offered by the Java language; however, their support is limited to procedural code and can only be exploited in hierarchies of function calls. So, there is nothing similar to assist us when it comes to event-driven programming or asynchronous programming, where the work is scattered among many...
We look deep into the hearts of developers and, using tons of juicy data from 3 years worth of surveys, extract 10 kick-ass technologies that modern developers tell us they love...
Personally, I'd like to see the DAO pattern go the way of the dodo bird, but if you do find yourself swimming in a sea of data access objects, maybe Freezer will help you paddle your way out of them?
JITWatch is a log analyser for Java HotSpot JIT compiler. It consumes JIT log files and visualizes the compilation activity. Learn how to configure it on your project and what information can it provide you with.
This is series of posts describing how you can use Big Data and related technologies to enable both business and customers to gain still unknown pieces of information. The articles explores different Big Data technologies and explain how you can use each one to get desired results. It takes an example of typical eCommerce platform where a customer can browse different products.
Why do they call it Google I/O? Because I owe a bunch of money after buying all the cool toys they displayed in the exhibitors hall. What was cool and what wasn't? Prolific Java author Barry Burd lets us know.
For most people today, reliability is critical and TCP is a natural choice for most applications where data is important; for example, everything from web page, to mail, to SSH are TCP -based protocols.
When I started my career as a Java developer close to 10 years ago, the industry is going through a revolutionary change. Spring framework, which was released in 2003, was quickly gaining ground and became a serious challenger to the bulky J2EE platform. Having gone through the transition time, I quickly found myself in favour of Spring framework instead of J2EE platform, even the earlier...
How to use your debugger in the presence of timeouts in your code.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- How Apple's restrictive app store policies are driving Android platform adoption (31 Aug 2014) Wouldn't it stink to create a great mobile application, only to have Apple reject it from being...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.