JdonFramework is a java reactive framework that you can use to build your Domain Driven Design + CQRS + EventSourcing applications with asynchronous concurrency and higher throughput.
Large portion of shortened links are used just to disguise spam or bad-sites containing malware, spyware, XSS attacks etc. So for safe browsing, sometimes revealing the destination of shortened link is necessary too. Here, we'll discuss one programmatic approach (using java.net.HttpURLConnection) to expand shortened links.
Looks at how application mirroring and simulation can mitigate a major pitfall in the outsourcing of applications and systems management.
Hadoop Eclipse plug-in (installed in Eclipse IDE or Spring Tool Suite) eases the experience of Map/Reduce on Hadoop. Hadoop distribution does not include Hadoop Eclipse plug-in jar, but includes source code of that plug-in. In this post, we'll see all the steps to build Hadoop eclipse plug-in from source code and install that plug-in in Eclipse / Spring Tool Suite to access Hadoop Environment...
NetBeans IDE 7.4 lets you work with JDK 8 previews, integrate HTML5 into Java EE applications, develop mobile applications with Apache Cordova, and deploy to mobile devices!
80% of the problems that result in a war room are caused by about 20% of problem patterns - most of them related with performance or architectural issues of the application, deployment or infrastructure. In this blog we discuss the best practices from companies that changed their culture by adopting continuous delivery and DevOps ideas with a special focus on performance. Connecting the Teams,...
Is your Java Virtual Machine running un-monitored? If so, how do you find out if it's gone down? From the helpdesk perhaps? That's certainly no way to administer a server.
X-Trace is a diagnostic tool designed to provide app and network operators with better visibility. Learn how it works and about some existing implementations.
I'm pleased to announce a new podcast on JSFCentral.com. In this interview, I talk with JSF Spec Lead Ed Burns about JSF 2.2 and Java EE 7.
The ABOUT tool and ABOUT files provide a simple way to document the provenance (origin and license) and other important or interesting information about third-party software components that you use in your project.
To runs a system that turns people's homes and apartments into hotel rooms, Onefinestay CTO Jackson Hull and team went with a graph database called Neo4J to better map its inventory for guests. "J" stands for Java, but the team relied largely on Python.
People love Eclipse, or love to hate it, or, as non-geek coders, feel more or less indifferent about their IDE. However one thing is true--the majority of Java and Java EE developers use Eclipse. This RebelLabs report starts shallow and goes deep into orbit around the ecosystem of Eclipse, showing you the best things that Eclipse has to offer, and letting you know how to turn off some of those...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Goodbye, sysadmins; hello, software developers (02 Dec 2013) As organizations are moving towards cloud computing, sysadmins are losing their relevance in...
- The challenge of balancing BYOD privacy and security (25 Nov 2013) Learn about how vendors are trying to help balance BYOD privacy and security.
- Cloud adopters seek help for their DevOps, app monitoring and cost control problems (18 Nov 2013) As more companies move to the cloud, more and more companies are realizing that expert help,...
- Will upcoming Google Web Designer fix Java pros' Android problem? (21 Oct 2013) Mobile developers are hoping for something a little different in the upcoming Google Web Designer...
- The most exciting new parts of Java EE 7 and Java 8 (06 Nov 2013) Java author Adam Bien discusses business logic and software development in Java 7 and Java 8.
- Solving performance issues with self-adaptive software (24 Oct 2013) In this discussion, Cameron McKenzie and JInspired CTO William Louth talk about the concepts behind...
- Overprovisioning in AWS? Cost-control tools and strategies can help (22 Nov 2013) For organizations that have moved to the cloud, old habits may be costing them dearly as they...
- Oracle OpenWorld 2013: How to get kids involved in coding (23 Sep 2013) Saskia Vermeer-Ooms and Regina ten Bruggencate offer advice on how to get kids interested in...
- How 'big data' solved the content management (CMS) problem (23 Apr 2013) Content management systems that need to sift through huge amounts of data are big data problems in...
- Oracle announces delays in the JDK 8 release schedule (19 Apr 2013) After patching Web browser security issues, the Java Platform Group at Oracle has announced delays...
- Chip Childers - VP of Product Strategy
- Citrix Ready and CumuLogic
- Do you need APIs if you've embraced SOA? (Apigee Europe LTD)
- Data Center & Virtualisation Purchasing Intentions 2013 (ComputerWeekly.com)
- Capgemini and Sogeti - World Quality Report 2013-2014 (Hewlett-Packard Company)
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.