When I started my career around 10 years ago, Struts MVC is the norm in the market. However, over the years, I observed the Spring MVC slowly gaining popularity. This is not a surprise to me, given the seamless integration of Spring MVC with Spring container and the flexibility and extensibility that it offers. From my journey with Spring so far, I usually saw people making some common...
A modern testing and behavioural specification framework for Java 8: http://richardwarburton.github.io/lambda-behave/
Microservices are an architectural style where each service is implemented as an independent system. Because a system is composed by more than one service, each service will communicate with other services. So we need a way to implement this communication in effective way. And this is exactly what RxJava will do it.
We get it. As a tester you are working under pressure. We want you to be the best tester you can be: ready, prepared, and capable. So here are the top 6 mistakes testers are most likely to make when testing mobile application performance – and how to avoid them. http://www.neotys.com/blog/top-6-mistakes-testers-need-to-avoid-when-testing-mobile-application-performance/
With the introduction of the stream API in Java 8 parallel computation became easier than ever. However, it doesn’t mean that parallelizing every stream is a good idea. The underlying infrastructure is flexible enough, but a few surprises await you when you use it.
MongoDB maven Dwight Merriman says the Agile movement played a hand in the development of MongoDB. Dynamic schema are part of the progran...
Small configuration tweaks can have a huge impact on your logging throughput
As we all know, Angular and D3 frameworks are very popular, and once they work together they can be very powerful and helpful when creating dashboards. But, they can also be challenging and confusing especially when new to these frameworks. The right way to incorporate D3 with Angular is to use custom directives. Directives in Angular are essentially functions that are executed on a DOM element....
Hierarchical exception handling and static exception checking are among the most significant features offered by the Java language; however, their support is limited to procedural code and can only be exploited in hierarchies of function calls. So, there is nothing similar to assist us when it comes to event-driven programming or asynchronous programming, where the work is scattered among many...
We look deep into the hearts of developers and, using tons of juicy data from 3 years worth of surveys, extract 10 kick-ass technologies that modern developers tell us they love...
Personally, I'd like to see the DAO pattern go the way of the dodo bird, but if you do find yourself swimming in a sea of data access objects, maybe Freezer will help you paddle your way out of them?
JITWatch is a log analyser for Java HotSpot JIT compiler. It consumes JIT log files and visualizes the compilation activity. Learn how to configure it on your project and what information can it provide you with.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Will Java 8 Lambda expressions really change JavaEE development? (10 Sep 2014) One of the most anxiously anticipated Java 8 features was the addition of Lambda expressions. But...
- Advanced JSF Tutorial: The single page interface (SPI) with Facelets, Ajax and HTML5 (07 Sep 2014) Some say it's impossible, but if you really understand the technology, you will realize that...
- Top 5 DevOps best practices for achieving security, scalability and performance (07 Sep 2014) How do you get the most out of your applications? One way is to adopt a DevOps approach to...
- Is PaaS as dangerous as it seems? Cloudbees bust some cloud computing myths (07 Sep 2014) Is cloud computing as dangerous as it seems? From open source do-it-yourself types to organizations...
- From writing code to EMT: A CTO's journey (04 Sep 2014) Making the move from writing code to becoming an EMT was the best training for success as a CTO.
- CloudBees makes on-premise Enterprise Jenkins their top priority (12 Sep 2014) CloudBees has put their runtime PaaS offering behind them, choosing to focus on their on-premise...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.