It's not too often you see a giant hook come out and rip a performer off the stage. Brian Geotz certainly wasn't deserving of it.
One of the basic needs in fluent interface is connecting to user types. What field, method or operation does this fluent interface try to refer? JaQue project provides an elegant solution.
The genesis of this series is the identification of a gap between how development and how operations view technology and measure their success – realizing it is wholly possible for development and operations to be individually successful, but for the organization to fail. This article starts a two-part installment that reviews the operational impact of specific decisions made when building a...
Lambda expressions pose a slightly different challenge when unit testing code. Because they don’t have a name, it’s impossible to directly call them in your test code. This article covers a couple of testing strategies for when you want to use lambda expressions and the streams API.
Inspired from a heated discussion at one of our clients and somewhat related to our last post about test transactionality is the consideration about whether one can and should test the basic object relational mapping at all.
Know MongoDB and Java EE, but you don't know exactly how to integrate both of them? Do you read a lot about the topic but you have not found a solution which fits this purpose? This starter project is for you
If a non-developer asked you, “What is Java?”, how would you respond? The Java ecosystem is vast and comprehensive, from multiple JVM implementations to numerous standards and community efforts to educate and build the most stable and performant programming language platform there is. So if anyone ever asks, this report gives an overview of who’s leading the effort, how can you help and what...
A practical advice on how to handle different personalities on the software development team that grow the legacy code if left without attention.
AngularJS is pretty cool. But if you're an enterprise software developer, you know it's not as cool as JavaServer Faces (JSF). But could we combine the benefits of JSF with Angular JSF and come up with a hideous progeny?
Have you ever found yourself in a testing time-crunch? You know the situation... the development team was late delivering code, but your CEO adamantly opposes any change in the release date. All you’re told is: whatever it takes, get that application tested as quickly as possible. So what are the best practices when it comes to load testing in a hurry? What should you focus on in a time...
A year ago I started to receive a lot links about blogposts, tweets, information about Spring Boot. Spring Boot makes it easy to create stand-alone, production-grade Spring based Applications that can you can "just run". And it seems that this thing has just revolutionized the Java world. But I wonder to myself if it is possible to use the same approach in JavaEE world and with the same low-level...
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Addressing security concerns and evolving beyond Spring with Java EE 8 (05 Nov 2014) The Spring framework created a situation where the Java EE platform had plenty of catching up to...
- JSF best practices for optimizing mobile application performance (04 Nov 2014) More and more applications are being built using the JSF frameworks, but traditional development...
- Incorporating Google Maps to the Java desktop (28 Oct 2014) Rob Terpilowski discusses how he and his architect team brought Google Maps to the Java desktop in...
- Node.js. gives new Jelastic 2.4 more deployment options (24 Oct 2014) In this video, Jelastic's CTO discusses how its latest release includes Node.js and is set to help...
- From ElasticSearch to Splunk: Understanding your log aggregation options (20 Oct 2014) The key to successfully being able to anticipate and diagnose software problems is being able to...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...
- Video: NetScout discusses new UPM platform (10 Nov 2014) At JavaOne 2014, NetScout VP and architect discuss Unified Performance Management platform in this...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.