What are the biggest misconceptions about Java Garbage Collection and how’s it really like?
Log data provides the most granular view into what is happening across your systems, applications, and end users. Logs can show you where the issues are in real-time, and provide a historical trending view over time. Logs give you the whole picture.
The performance tuning world is a dangerous place, one JVM flag out of balance and things can quickly get hairy. In this post we’ll share some battle-tested insights and get a feel of how the internals of the JVM behave under stress
Apache Mesos is an open-source cluster manager that provides efficient resource isolation and sharing across distributed applications or frameworks. This post shows how to use Apache Mesos to install a Java EE application server.
After looking though user data, the team at Codenvy has discovered that developers are trading in their desktops for cloud freedom.
SOA is a set of principles that suggests breaking down your business into a number of services, which can be orchestrated together to provide end to end business processes. These services have defined interfaces and are self-contained, which makes them easily replaceable and scalable. This approach is hardly anything new – in 2005 we were talking about the same ideas as “Enterprise Application...
A quick run-through of Java 8's Consumer Supplier Interface
After an application crash, we know how important it is to figure out what went wrong and plan so it doesn’t happen again. In this post, we’ll look at some common causes of major website crashes, along with preventive measures you can take to avoid them in the future. With this extra knowledge under your belt, you’ll be prepared when disaster strikes.
JAXB is a 10-year-old anti-pattern that encourages Java developers to turn their objects into dumb, passive data structures
This is the first of a two part series describing our solution to building Angular apps with a Parse.com backend.
Concurrency is hard. It becomes even harder when the lock contention issues are hidden deep into the standard libraries used as building blocks for regular applications. This post is opening up one particularly common issue where java.util.Random usage is affecting the application performance.
In this article we take a look at the top 11 Free IDE's for Java Coding, Development & Programming.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Containerization may mark the decline of virtualization (15 May 2015) The popularity of containerization is leaving virtualization in the dust. ZeroTurnaround's Jevgeni...
- A new approach to condensing data leads to a 99% compression rate (07 May 2015) Given the enormous thirst for data, coupled with the finite existence of copper and fiber optic...
- Asynchronously invoking a second managed bean method in JavaSever Faces (JSF) (04 May 2015) The new features added to JSF make doing an asynchronous call to the server incredibly easy, but...
- How elegant code can hurt HTML5 performance (29 Apr 2015) Elegant code can lead to cleaner, precise steps. But it can also lead to application performance...
- Open source initiatives saving grace for many companies (21 May 2015) Companies are realizing that IT can't write all the code needed. They are learning to write less...
- DevOps software development promise aided by OpenStack (20 May 2015) The promise of DevOps software development is being helped along by OpenStack, which is creating...
- Guiding design tenets behind OpenStack software (20 May 2015) The importance of OpenStack design tenets is not lost on developers. Following these tenets drives...
- New to OpenStack: Learn these 5 cloud computing terms (20 May 2015) Newcomers to OpenStack and the OpenStack conference will fit right in if they become familiar with...