Since Java 8 release interfaces can contain definitions of static and default methods. Default methods form another chain of inheritance, parallel to the class inheritance, and can greatly confuse you if you let them get out of hands.
What if you could go back in time when an app running in the cloud, servicing a request and inject new code into the flow that augments a simulated reality.
I always find it frustrating to “argue” with our competitors about what the best solution is. There is no “one size fits all” – there is just a “this tool fits best for your APM Maturity Level” (not saying the others wouldn’t do a good job). In this blog I highlight the reasons why Steven - a Performance Engineer - switched to our solution. Not because we are the best - but because we fit their...
Open source, lean, and modular, Spring IO brings together the core Spring APIs into a single, cohesive and versioned foundation for modern applications to help Java developers innovate and develop applications faster. Available as a 100% open source Maven Bill-of-Materials and commercial support, training and consulting available from Pivotal.
Here we are in the middle of the World Cup, and the entire world is watching thanks to the ubiquity of online video. Services like video streaming, live social media coverage and mobile push notifications have only been available for a short time – yet consumers have embraced them and immediately become reliant on them. In this post, we will take a look at the digital side of world sporting...
Simple question. The simplest answer to that may be “It depends.” But let’s explore that aspect a little further and please keep in mind there is no absolute truth despite what pages upon pages of heated online discussions might suggest. In addition to that we also have some fully-working, juicy sample code for you to ogle over. We’re talking about @Transactional in a Spring based project...
Thumbtack published an excellent blog post today. It highlights the preliminary results of performance tests executed with Couchbase Server, MongoDB and DataStax Enterprise (Apache Cassandra).
Achieving an affordable database solution that is both scalable and performant has always been a challenge, but Amazon has put scalability and performance within the reach of all sizes of business with their NoSQL solutions that have grown out of their Dynamo based big data systems.
With a list of happy customers only 1 week after the v1.0 launch, engineers seem to love the way XRebel lets them expose future bugs and production issues in web applications...all during the development stage!
I never thought that I have to write about this topic again, but I have to since a couple months ago I have to justify a decision of using Spring Framework in an enterprise environment. The decision to be made was whether we are going for JEE or using Spring Framework.
To understand the root cause of key performance issues you will generally need to look at your application logs to figure out if an exception was thrown somewhere along the request as it propagates through your system.
PDF is still an important file format and is even increasing in usage in the production of packaging and Archiving markets.... It now has its own Conference and organisation and you can find out more about both in this articles.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- HTML5 tools and semantic elements analyzed and explained (14 Aug 2014) HTML5 is still a bit of a mystery for some developers. In this tip, developers can learn about the...
- The self-service BI proposition: How big data is disrupting business intelligence (09 Aug 2014) Massive amounts of data are being crunched in order to provide business intelligence to managers...
- Aggregating big data from embedded devices is changing the analytics world (09 Aug 2014) With more and more embedded devices being connected to corporate networks, more data than ever is...
- Top 5 Java based tools for capturing business intelligence (BI) (28 Jul 2014) There are many tools out there for working with BI, but here we look at the top five Business...
- Creating pages based on a JSF template: Using the Facelets ui:define tag (20 Jul 2014) What do you do once you've set up a handsome page template using the Facelets functions that come...
- This is where to turn when friends ask you how to program in Java (09 Aug 2014) There are many introductory books about Java on the market, but for anyone who wants to learn to...
- Android: The Next Generation (13 Jul 2014) Google continues to invest in and improve their flagship mobile operating system, and the latest...
- From Tango to the NDK: Further exploration of the Google I/O exhibitors hall (03 Jul 2014) Be it previews of products like Tango which create 3D images of your surrounding, to demonstrations...
- One way to get (Android) Fit - Touring the exhibit hall at Google I/O 2014 (03 Jul 2014) At Google I/O 2014, many new products got honorable mentions during the opening keynotes. But the...
Tell us what you think of the new site. Meet the Editors.