This article is the second part of a two-part installment on Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and the impact of SOA on operations and DevOps. This installment reviews the other leading SOA technology: REpresentational State Transfer (REST). SOAP and REST behave differently and have their own management challenges and this article will help you better understand those differences and...
Memory Leaks, bad coding, High CPU Usage, Stuck Threads, Problematic Database calls ...? Follow my How To Guide on how to find these top performance problems in your Java, .NET, PHP or Mobile App with the latest Dynatrace 6.1 Beta. We give you 30 Day Free Trial with an option to lifetime free when you give us some feedback!
Explore how Jisgaw modules are defined, and discover their benefits.
DevOps is no longer considered a fad by those working with the latest development tools. Now, DevOps emphasizes people and processes as much as the cool tools, and there are many different approaches to bringing them together.
Ever notice how software development projects seem to slow down when you add more people? It’s probably one of the only manufacturing disciplines where adding people and layers of project management makes it more difficult to estimate the timeline and quality of the final output. Whether you are a small team in the throes of scaling, or a larger team looking to overhaul your development...
In this article we take a look at what is a lambda expression in Java 8.
The complete guide for using jstack to debug live production servers
My fellow about:virtualization contributor Eric Wright joins me in our on-going "Devs from Venus, Ops from Mars" series with his unique Ops perspective as informed by the Meatloaf classic "Paradise by the Dashboard Light."
Implement a full registration with Spring Security and Spring MVC.
Don't get fooled into thinking that Hadoop is just about mapreduce.
This post will discuss a technique to reduce the burden garbage collection pauses put on the latency of your application. There are applications out there which have gotten rid of the constly Full GC events. Getting rid of major GC events is truly a complex exercise, but reducing the frequency of those long pauses is something every deployment can achieve.
TheServerSide.com is an online community for enterprise Java architects and developers, providing daily news, tech talk interviews with key industry figures, design patterns, discussion forums, tutorials, and more. TheServerSide.com was launched in May 2000 and has become the largest independent Java community in the world. TheServerSide.com is owned and operated by TechTarget. TechTarget's Application Development Media Group of sites include TheServerSide.Net, SearchWinDevelopment.com, Ajaxian.com, SearchSOA.com, ebizQ.net, SearchSoftwareQuality.com and TheServerSide.com.
- Events & Conferences
- ITKnowledge Exchange
- Java Topics
- Meet The Editors
- White Papers
- Behavior-driven development: Five tips for keeping BDD projects on track (09 Dec 2014) Many organizations are approaching software design in a new way, with one of the most popular being...
- Going beyond big data processing to achieve big data understanding (04 Dec 2014) Big data solutions have given enterprises the power to handle, manage and process massive amounts...
- From web development to delivery: Deep front end knowledge is a must for 2015 (02 Dec 2014) Web based deliver will be taken to new levels in 2015, as the technology used to deliver content...
- Reflecting on Liferay Portal: From big data to secure mobile delivery (02 Dec 2014) The portal has evolved in a variety of ways, not the least of which is the manner in which it can...
- Seven ways to optimize mobile apps for improved performance (26 Nov 2014) While many organizations have been developing mobile apps for years, making sure those apps are...
- Enterprise scale AngularJS: Embracing Agile development in a brand new way (20 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014 in Antwerp, Geertjan Wielenga tells of some of the lessons learned on...
- Devoxx officially kicks off with Spring, Java EE 8, lambdas and value types (13 Nov 2014) As Devoxx 2014 officially kicks off, Geertjan Wielenga is there to tell us exactly what's hot at...
- Reflecting on lambdas, open source software and startup strategies at Devoxx 2014 (12 Nov 2014) Reporting from Devoxx 2014, Geertjan Wielenga gives us all the latest news from Day Two of the...
- 2013 sweetheart AngularJS takes a back seat to Docker at Devoxx 2014 (11 Nov 2014) While AngularJS was everyone's sweetheart at Devoxx 2013, this year at Devoxx 2014, it appears that...